View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011

Personally I do not want to see anything banned. As I've already said I'm happy for people to tinker and upgrade to get the very best out of their car and that's why I suggest we split into two to allow those who want to tinker the ability to do so without too much control what they can't or can do.

I would then suggest that the 'stock class' should then be solely for out of the box cars as per our current rules and I'd be happy to stop the use of comm drops in the stock class.

We have around 30 members who race Mardave and only 4 people have put their thoughts on here...

I was going to email everyone tomorrow so I'll mention it.

There is another more radical approach to the stock class and that is kit tyres without additive - I wonder what people think of that?

In terms of other items on the cars currently - heatsinks have appeared which were also not discussed in the original rules. I understand why people run these, but I still come back to the newbie and his/her parents who are looking for a cheap entry into the racing scene. Bulk standard Mardave racing is a very attractive entry into RC racing and by restricting what can be spent should firmly put the focus onto the driving - a point that Graham makes very well above about driver skill and consistency being FREE

At the end of the day I can see the benefits of both options which is why I still think that having two classes could work - Stock and Mod. You may well find that some of the stock drivers will reach a point in time when they'd like to jump up to the mod class to start 'tinkering'.

I guess it's kind of the same philosophy we were thinking about with the introduction of the street class for Touring Cars - by restricting the rules and trying to put a cap on spending the focus would then swing to race craft...