View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011

Default Clarify the stock class

In the absense of any proposed modified rules, I think we are best carrying on as we are in the short term (say up until christmas at least) which gives us time to discuss/ experiment with a few options before maybe considering splitting the classes at a later date.

To quell some of the issues over excessive mods etc, I propose the following clarifications to the rules for the current mardave class - saying that, not actual rule changes necessarily but more gentleman's agreement in advance of any rule changes at the back end of the year :

1. Stop using the VRXTC alloy rear hub (expensive and against the spirit of the class)

2. Allow the use of Z-drive/ delrin spur and also allow 48dp spur gears. Quite a few people have the z-drive already for reliability and they are not a performance enhancer and in the scheme of things are low cost.

3. Allow heat sinks (did not realise they were an issue anyway before this thread ) - the motors can get hot and like Maz says, not even worth discussing.

4. Are comm drops an issue?

Have I missed anything??

At the end of the day we just need to be sensible - we need to allow a few add-ons as it is part of the fun, but know where to draw the line.

Paul