Thread: Setups
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2012
#1 ZX5 fan

Ref staggers then I'll be on old style staggers at Stofold (assuming it's dry) and would be on pretty much most astro. The cut stagger I think have more grip (too much front balance for me) and can be quite grabby. I've heard the centro is quite understeery so they need the cut stagger, or it suits that car more anyway but for me doesn't suit the X6.

If the rear is collapsing then I'd stiffen it with a red spring and increase to a 1.2mm roll bar (this is my standard roll bar, I found anything much less and I couldn't feel the difference on track). As your going to normal staggers anyway if this gives you more steering it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I also ran 32.5wt oil front and rear mostly last year on staggers, this is a slight increase to the rear which will probably match the red spring better.

Lastly don't be afraid of running your diff tighter than normal. For years I ran my diff only just tight enough that it wasn't slipping but now I run it tighter again by choice. This is particularly the case in 4wd to be fair but also counts in 2wd.

Lastly ref weight you'll see in the other thread I'm going to try a stubby pack in my car this year to lighten it up a bit. Went well at Bury on Sunday though time will tell if this works better for me everywhere.

Nortech is ACE!