View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011
Mad Member

A1 Racing Club is Astroturf chaps, we might throw in some other surfaces to mix things up a bit, depending on popularity with us Short Course drivers or championship drivers opinion....

easy tyre choice, its Fastrax
'Kourse Kings' or possible Fastrax 'Bullseye's if they work when we have some to test.

We found that grid starts work best, grid is formed from finishing positions in round before... first round is done at random by computer.

ditto... Why the Slash class seperate? it was only the earlier trucks that came with 2.2" wheels and tyres, I raced a Slash last summer and it was as competitive as the others?!

depending on numbers of entries it would be good to have 2wd and 4wd 'stock' class which run 10.5 and above brushless or brushed equiv, then open classes for the speed freaks... this is how we have set Mid East Regional rules and think it will work well.

If those dates are set in stone now then i'll start spreading the word around the clubs i use, get the feeling this championship is going to be a big hit and establish the class as a popular alternative/complimentary choice for electric off-road racing and a great beginners class.

The 'A1 Wreckin Crew' is going on tour, can't wait!