View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018

Default Too many questions for one forum, please help!!

Yet again I seem to be showing my lack of knowledge on undertaking a Schumacher KC build and need some help.

I've been looking for some name stickers for my shell. Looking around the forums I've tried to contact Oople who do them (or at least used to) without a response. Are there any dependable places to get these from? Basic One line name with a flag would do for me.

I've been getting some parts together to build this thing and have failed to realise till it was too late that to compete they would need to be Roar specified. Because of this I bought another ESC, Corally Pro 120a, and a 17.5t Trinity Monster, but would like to swap it with a 7.5t Reedy or similar back and forth. Because of the need to swap I can't directly solder the ESC and motor and need to resort to connectors. I've basicly exhausted what I can find on the subject and would like a bit of help if at all possible. I've concluded that ideally I would need 10awg wire, but it's difficult to work with and solder to the motor and ESC, so I've settled on 12AWG wire. This leads to the connectors required for the Amps I'll be running. The Reedy would need 63 amps continuous so can I assume 4mm bullet connectors will work? Also if bullet connectors are the way to go does heat shrink provide enough insolation for the connectors to stop them shorting? All the good connectors don't seem to come with covers.

Lastly I'm having a go at painting a shell for it. I'm not the best, but was able to go a great job on a Rapid Fit Mondeo shell for my TT-01. If all else fails are there any good places to go for a custom shell?

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Infinitesd; 03-09-2018 at 12:09 PM.