Thread: DB1 details...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Sorry at present only the DB1 'conversion' is available.....
The full kit may not happen till towards the end of the season.....
If anyone wants a full kit then we suggest to purchase a 4wd and then the front 2wd parts ......
You also end up with some nice spares that way, like spare diff and so on....
Dont get me wrong Tony, I have a thing about Kyosho and yes your a top bloke and appreciate all what you are and have done and admit Kyosho are tops and always have been since I hit the tracks in 89, they are great, however you really need to think about the cost of this as its way above the normal average joe racers budget. Dont get me wrong I could buy this with my pocket change but why have a few sales when you can have hundreds.

DB1 conversion kit - £200 (A good price for what you get)
4wd buggy to use as a donor car - £309 or £350 (looked on Apex models)
Front end of the 2wd - possibly £50

So a total Between £550 to £600 for a 2wd. Mmmm I think you can see where I and a lot of other people are coming from, yes I can understand the current people who own 4wd ZX-5 FS buggies this would be worth doing but for people that dont the cost is stupidly high.

So come on and let us all know when you get the cost down below £300 for the complete car to get close to compete with the current buggies like Durango, Losi, or Tamiya. You may get more people interested, including me.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS