View Single Post
Old 28-07-2013

Default Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Right guys after chatting with a good few members and non members today and their thoughts on the track and the general opinion was its to big and to flat so let's have a broad disscussion on what we want.

1st. New race control built in brick ? We are absolutely miles away financially it'll take years before its even a consideration to invite planners and architects.

2nd improve the track which I think if we spend what we have now on different surfaces and some bigger features ie the ramp infront of the table top today was good and that it should become like that permanently wouldn't cost much and the upside down saucer in the middle should be a huge 4ft volcano type mound with long fast jump length ways and slow high jumps width ways would be cool I think if we spend it now the new race control would be funded faster than if we proceed on this crown green characterless track

3rd but a roof on the rostrum

No silly responses please just constructive opinions

Buds
We have loads of ramps not even used most of the time and think maybe surface change in places would be easy and cheap to do... But I also think bury as a club which i have gone to on and off since i was 14 which adds up to over 20 years when the divs at bury model shop ran it and in all that time as always had good steady number but i don't think you will change the number of people because of few track changes just won't happen with best will in the world which is the reason roger always said no... But I do agree that a few cheap changes without blowing loads of money would be more suited to bury