View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
There are other things to consider. I did like John's ramp before the tabletop - it worked really well but I also noticed that getting is sufficently wrong (think novice driver with powerful car - we've seen a few of those) could cause the car to fly out into the pits! It was also a marshaling hazard which is why we moved Alan off there.

Anyway I've been thinking about this and realised the problem isn't the track but what we do with it. The blank canvas approach means it can be different every week which is good, but also bad - where is the consistency, the improvement? The week 17 laps was good, next meeting it might only be 12 so how do you know you are driving better?
RC Timing has the ability to set up circuits. I propose we use some astro paint in different colours to mark up a few possible course options (Lets call them red, blue, yellow etc) We can choose a layout for the meeting and RC timing will let you compare your times against your best for Blue circuit.
I like the idea of a choice of set circuits, an intelligent approach to such a space.