View Single Post
Old 16-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
Considering the excellent general engineering quality of Schumacher's current range of cars, I too was very disappointed with the bearing 'lack of fit' in the KF transmission bulkheads.
I also suspect the other cars using similar parts exhibit the same problem and it is probably down to a simple tolerance decimal place error in the design!
If left as manufactured it makes correct gear meshing impossible and would probably result in the ultimate shedding a few spur gear teeth and a very inefficient transmission too.
My solution is as some have quoted here, thin cyano carefully applied to avoid contaminating the bearings, yes difficult to remove the bearings but not impossible should you need to, I fitted the optional ceramic bearings which should last for quite a while anyway.
Have any of you passed your observations onto the Schumacher engineering team? I am!
makes it impossible? bold claim!, I ran my kf all last season on the kit bearings and spur and never had one problem, and its built out of the box!

Last edited by mark christopher; 16-01-2015 at 07:19 PM.