View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018
Mad Member

I'm more surprised no-one has commented on the B6.1D... I think it could be a good car for wet astro racing with the ball diff and its balance between a stand-up and laydown, but to be honest I believe the car is developed too much with sugared tracks and the pro drivers in mind.

Yes, you can get away with a laydown-style gearbox on low-grip. However the setup window becomes small, it (likely) becomes more sensitive to changes in conditions / grip level and one needs to have a very good feel and response to the throttle of the car. The majority of drivers are better off using a car with less ultimate pace but a wide 'operating window' and a forgiving nature, but of course many are not willing to admit that, not even to themselves...

Before anyone asks... I am willing to admit that I need a forgiving car more than one with ultimate pace It's also a more rewarding drive, being able to push to the limit without ending up backwards or on your roof every time you go over the edge...

Bit off-topic... anyway, still exciting to see Asso if anything is again leading the charge with the B6 instead of merely following competitors' developments.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 14-02-2018 at 07:43 PM.