View Single Post
Old 13-01-2016

Hi Guys, thanks for the advice. I would think that the two clubs nearest to me run the usual modern gear, but I just want something to bash with and the occasional race where it wouldn't be totally outclassed. As a dad of 2 I don't have the time to devote to racing every week, but I'd like to give it a go and watch/help out/ have a bit crack and so on.
The worlds car seems to fit the bill, as I will probably be doing well just to get it round the track at the moment, so the latest competitive tool isn't likely to do me much good.

I like the idea of a series for a 'one make' such as the Tamiya that was mentioned, I hope that catches on as it's good to see a cheaper machine with some racing being done around it.

So yes, a semi-competitive car that I can learn on, and will still be entertaining on an evening at the local bashing spot, that I will still get spares for in years to come, the hunt continues but the RC10 worlds is right up there at the mo.

My nightmare would be buying that and then having the Optima re-released. As a boy I would have sold my granny for one of those. Likely to be a tad more expensive than the worlds car tho..... I bet you get no change from £300 or so.