View Single Post
Old 14-01-2016

They must have got that design so right at the time for it to still have a chance all these years later. It seems that just like in the model aircraft world, the only really significant developments have been 2.4G radio and lipo battery/brushless motor technology.
To have a classic car that can take advantage of both those advances is great.
As someone who has watched RC car development from the corner of my eye since the mid 80's, I still don't understand why a company with the resources that Tamiya has can't seem to come up with a world beating race car just once. Maybe that's for another discussion! I'm sure it would drive further sales of their other buggies though.
I like the idea of the various competitions for classic buggies, it seems to tie in nicely with the occasional racing involvement/spectating/talking buggies with other enthusiasts that I'm after. I'm used to travelling for free-flight model aircraft competitions anyway, so it's no different.
Anyway, I'm enjoying looking at the re-re's and weighing up the pros and cons. Thinking of which car to get ain't a bad place to be in life!

Last edited by Stew73; 14-01-2016 at 01:58 PM.