View Single Post
Old 13-10-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget70 View Post
Looking through this thread it seems a good read but forgive me here in requiring more help as regards to this ezrun/xerun brushless system. Being very new to brushless I'm having difficulty with understanding the terms associated with the various turns! At present I run a 27 turn brushed motor & know that I'll need 13.5 in brushless turns but all I can see is 13T in the ezrun range, is there that much of a difference?? Also, what is the difference betwwen the amp range (25a/35a/60/120a) where it says some are for sportiful use and the other for competition use??
If anyone could please help shed light in my understanding I would be eternally grateful. With thanks.
The eZRun system is sensorless and the motors are not built to the ROAR specs that the sensored motors are based on, so finding equivalency is even more difficult!

In terms of windings there are a couple of different ways of winding a brushless motor, one results in round number windings, the other in 0.5 windings. I'm not an expert on the details of the windings though. Unfortunatley Hobbywing do not state any power ratings or brushed equivalents.

Higher amp rating of the ESC means it can handle faster motors.

The Xerun system is sensored and is the model that Speed Passion rebrand. It is a full competition ESC. As far as I know this model is not available for retail outside of China although that situation may have changed.

PS 13.5's are now a lot faster than 27T brushed, much closer to 19T in fact. As brushless develops the motors (and our understanding of them) have made big leaps forward since the first equivalencies were suggested.

PPS I saw the eZRun in action briefly in a touring car last night and it looked fast and smooth, not what I expected from a budget sensorless system. Didn't drive it myself so couldn't comment any further.