View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've now got both the Ezrun (5.5T and 9T versions) and a Xerun (is in the Orion Vortex)

What I can say is:

1) The 9t is indeed not a true 540 sized motor. Its a 380 diameter, but 540 length. None the less its perfectly capable and certainly propelled my B4 at a decent enough pace. Comparable to a conventional 10.5 prehaps, with a little less torque but more revs. Seen them used indoor on 4wds, but really 2wd only.

2) The 5.5 is a beast. No-one who has seen the speed of my 4wd could believe the whole brushless system had cost me £60. Speed wise its quite capable of matching sensored 5.5s, but you do need to be careful. Even with the setup system it lacks some of the finesse of sensored motors and consquently is 4wd only I reckon. The 8.5 version is milder, but still produces gobs of torque low down meaning its a handful in a 2wd.

3) The Xerun (Orion) is great. Not got to try their sensored motor (running an X11) but the extra smoothness really helps in 2wd.

So, Budget brushless options, I'd say:

4wd Ezrun 60A +5.5t (large outdoors) or 8.5t (small indoors)

2wd Ezrun 35A 9T (small indoors, ultra budget) or Orion 70A Vortex (Xerun) + cheap sensored 7.5t motor (Nosram Dragon?) if you can.