View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014

Default Batteries and motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtsbasic View Post
Pre 2000 sounds good, it'd make sure the cars are different to what we use today but without being too restrictive, like you guys say some parts just don't exist any more.

IMO, lipo's are handy because everybody already has them. I don't miss having to balance NIMH's or deep discharge Nicd's to keep them healthy.

I'd be up for keeping power levels "stock" or thereabouts, I think they'd still be pretty quick around the track even with 27T brushed/17.5T brushless motors.

Something to think about Thurs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36racing View Post
In my opinion, I would want to run a cheapy brushed Motor+ESC and NIMH pack to keep it reasonably crap to drive. To almost make it battle of the driver and not the car, as you see in the 2wd class the KF is just haulin' ass.

Also, people have discussed this in another thread somewhere for a different occasion/track. I will find that and quote some things to see what you guys think?

-Josh
I agree 'stock(-ish?' Is a good plan; I can see Richards thoughts on LiPo, but I can also see Josh's keeping it 'reasonably crap' with NiMH and brushed as being a good thing!! I think we do have to do something to level the playing field if we allow all pre-2000 cars, as there is a lot of difference between a 1999 and a 1984 car; at least if the motor and batteries are crap it levels things out a little! I may even be tempted to bring along the Hornet (complete with standard silver can 540 and VERY CRAP standard suspension) to see how that goes!

Josh, if you get time some quotes from other's experience would be most helpful! I've seen a couple of places, I'll see what I can fish out too

Barry

South West Indoor RC: http://Team-SWIRC.org.uk
Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165264