View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
And that's my point - it will not go quicker and quicker around the track because there comes a point where it won't pick up out of the turns and lap time suffers. Straight line speed is important for about 10% of the lap. Everywhere else it is the zip between corners that counts.

Let me put it another way - I don't know any top twenty racer who uses this method. If it was any good they would all use it. It only seems to be used by a handful of mid-field runners who think that a setting in a no load situation is valid for a race situation where scores of amps are drawn under load.

Sorry, but this has yet to convince anyone who knows about motors and racing that it has a place in the real world of racing an RC car.
To get the zip out of corners is made by many actions, the more timing and therefore amp draw the less torque, setting around 6 amps tends to give the best of both, then getting the gearing right for acceleration and top end without over heating the motor will give the times that are competitive
You say you don't know of any top 20 driver who uses this method are you talking about top 20 17.5 blinky Touring car drivers i.e. those in the current top twenty of the BRCA Clubmans?