Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 28-10-2009
Mad Member

Yeah i know i found the SPW-1 at the local hs got agood deal on them.

Any way searching the net for parts i have found that Atlas homepage and someparts for the ZXS on that site not much dough.

Also havent heard from the supplier about them LA11 but hope in a near future.

mvh Isobarik
Old 28-10-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
Yeah i know i found the SPW-1 at the local hs got agood deal on them.

Any way searching the net for parts i have found that Atlas homepage and someparts for the ZXS on that site not much dough.

Also havent heard from the supplier about them LA11 but hope in a near future.

mvh Isobarik
Team atlas havent updated their site for ages. The only items in stock are ujs but its cheaper to buy the zx5 ones but anything else is either not in stock for the majority or for a different model. Good luck and hope they have what your after.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 28-10-2009
Mad Member

Yeah i did see that it was not much they have and they are hard to get hands on (email).

Welsh if i buy an digital servo do i have to have an digital reciver also ??

mvh isobarik
Old 28-10-2009
Mad Member

Found the answer seams i got lucky since i didnt nead an digital reciver to run the servo.

Bought an bluebird servo since they are blue for the lazer zxr witch have so many blue parts

mvh isobarik

Welsh that custom chassi you designed for the zxs body then you dont have to cut away any in the rear ?? am i right ??

regarding the LA11 they just had 1
Found 4 beutifully machined white diff pulleys
Old 28-10-2009

Quote:
Found the answer seams i got lucky since i didnt nead an digital reciver to run the servo.

Bought an bluebird servo since they are blue for the lazer zxr witch have so many blue parts

mvh isobarik

Welsh that custom chassi you designed for the zxs body then you dont have to cut away any in the rear ?? am i right ??

regarding the LA11 they just had 1
Found 4 beutifully machined white diff pulleys
The ZXRS chassis I designed fits like a dream on the ZXR. Make sure its for the ZXRS as the ZXS one is a three part chassis (as you already know). I designed it for the mk1 ZX so if your chassis is mk2 then youll need a top deck as well. I cant remember what I cut away on the rear of the bodyshell under tray, but the shell fitted without any problems.

I may get a servo like that. I've gone blue big time on my ZXS and as the ESC is going to be blue I may as well get a fast servo in there with the same colour as well.

Team Atlas I have had dealings with years back and did email the chap about a year back and all they had were Ujs, nothing else for the ZXS. They couldn't manufacture any items . Gutted, but they did try their hardest for me.
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-10-2009
Mad Member

NIce think i will order an chassi, and an top deck and an motor plate in carbon since i have the mkII chassi. Would have been nice with an finned plate but to hard to get.

The blue bird i got was 0.10, 8kg or 122oz if you prefer. 28 dollars incl shipment to sweden cheap way cheaper then the futaba 132 i bought back in the days and faster/stronger too.

Them diffpulleys was not from atlas it was another supplier and he had like 9 or so left and i took 4.

Shallpost pictures when i recive them.

I was thinking of building an track i have an area in the backyard that i could use its 40x25 meters and i was thinking of an all carpet/astroturf track since i can get my hands on that material cheap. Time will tell its either that or an new garage.

mvh Isobarik
Old 29-10-2009

Just a word of warning about the Bluebird servos: they're junk. I picked up a pair of their higher spec servos for 10th scale offroad a while back. One didn't work straight out of the package. The other worked but wouldn't center and the end points were constantly different from one moment to the next. If you're just putting them in a shelfer then they'll work fine otherwise don't bother with them.
Old 29-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
Just a word of warning about the Bluebird servos: they're junk. I picked up a pair of their higher spec servos for 10th scale offroad a while back. One didn't work straight out of the package. The other worked but wouldn't center and the end points were constantly different from one moment to the next. If you're just putting them in a shelfer then they'll work fine otherwise don't bother with them.

Cheers for the info Adam, so when I do get round to putting my unused car on a shelf I may just buy one just for the look and not for use.
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-10-2009
Mad Member

yeah i have heard a lot but a friend of mine bought one and it worked fine so i thought i would give it a go. Heck they are so cheap.

Are going to pilote it with this....

hope it work never tested it.
Welsh anyway i found 1 set of la 11 and if you need it give me an pm and i can send the link.

mvh isobarik
Old 29-10-2009

Hey guys, how are the reproduction parts looking? ETA?

Just thought of another thing: has anyone looked at the arm mounts from the ZX5 to see if they would fit a ZXR?

Thanks!

Last edited by adam lancia; 29-10-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Thought of another question
Old 29-10-2009

I havent tried but just looking at the items on the ZX5 I would think that it wouldnt work. Still the pivot blocks are on firbre lyte as carbon fibre blocks (I had them made) but you will need to drill the two inner chassis items and drill all the way through against the grain (which can be very awkward).

When you do go all the way through make the holes fractionally bigger so you can slide a brass tube in and glue into place. this should stop any damage happening to the CF item and then you will have quite a strong item when bolted onto the chassis.
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-10-2009

Yeah, I remember those but I'm looking for an easier solution. It'd be easier to use the ZX5 parts since they have a plastic insert that the hinge pins ride on. I realize these wouldn't work up front but the holes might line up for the rear suspension...
Old 29-10-2009
Mad Member

I can get the LA30 if you need.

Are the LA30 from fiberlyte marked where you are suppose to drill ???

mvh Isobarik
Old 29-10-2009

Quote:
I can get the LA30 if you need.

Are the LA30 from fiberlyte marked where you are suppose to drill ???

mvh Isobarik
Nope so you will need an original one to get the holes in the right place. Fibre lyte wont drill across the grain.
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-10-2009
Mad Member

Wow you really have to have an sharp drill and take it really really slow and be gentle and massage it in, the opposite to what you do late on an saturday night when you just slam it in...

Welsh if i dont remember wrong you have tried/tryed the SPW123 ??? are they worth it in sweden they are ridicolus pricy same price as an LAW 12

mvh isobarik
Old 29-10-2009

Quote:
Wow you really have to have an sharp drill and take it really really slow and be gentle and massage it in, the opposite to what you do late on an saturday night when you just slam it in...

Welsh if i dont remember wrong you have tried/tryed the SPW123 ??? are they worth it in sweden they are ridicolus pricy same price as an LAW 12

mvh isobarik
Yes spw123 are worth it but the standard plastic item is just as good. There is a shop in hong kong that does all the colours of this hub in alloy for a lot less but i bent one with a 4.5 in so prefered the plastic
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-10-2009
Mad Member

Half the time I don't understand what you Lazer-Nerds are on about :

"have you tried the 3PO into the R2D2 hub wotsit with RB5 roll center thingamabobs"

Seriously though the Lazer is one my all-time favourite cars. There was something magicalabout it when I was 15
Old 29-10-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
yeah i have heard a lot but a friend of mine bought one and it worked fine so i thought i would give it a go. Heck they are so cheap.

Are going to pilote it with this....

hope it work never tested it.
Welsh anyway i found 1 set of la 11 and if you need it give me an pm and i can send the link.

mvh isobarik
You know that fits the Spektrum module

Always like that radio!
Old 29-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow.2 View Post
Half the time I don't understand what you Lazer-Nerds are on about :

"have you tried the 3PO into the R2D2 hub wotsit with RB5 roll center thingamabobs"

Seriously though the Lazer is one my all-time favourite cars. There was something magicalabout it when I was 15
Adam,

stop making me laugh. Nerd im not, fanatical racer i am. Ive found the best car out there is the one you design around your style of driving and thats exactly what i did with the zxr. I took the car to the next level and boy does it shift. The lazer zx / zxr / zxs buggies are the best buggies and are built to last, and luckily i have helped a friend of mine by testing bits that he is now making for us so we can still keep driving them hard.
Answer UK team driver
Old 30-10-2009
Mad Member

Sparrow so the spec module fits the 756. hm maybe byt then i need an spec reciver also are they expensive???

"Hey waiter i take some SPW123 with my zxr and can you toss in some LA30 and could you please make them W-5632/5642 on the soft side and i would like to have that to go since i have to watch the game on my 50PS8000"

Welsh are they those xenon that you bended ??? link please...

mvh Isobarik

and sparrow its C-3po