Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 14-04-2012

Default Hi new to mardave

Hi I've just brought a vrxcec with a g2 motor and ai lrp esc
I've never raced before which class would this come under
Stock or brca
Thanks for your help as this is the club I hope to race at
Old 14-04-2012

Good afternoon,

So long as the car runs the stock G2 motor and you use cells (not LiPo) as the battery source and do not run a rear diff then you'll be able to run in the Club Class.

If you have never raced before I would have suggested that maybe you would have been better off going for the standard Mardave chassis rather than the CE version, but do not worry. We have several members who run in the BRCA Class with this chassis who I'm sure will be more than happy to help you with any teething problems with the car.

If you can make it, it might be worth coming along to our meeting this Monday to get some running before our Championship begins on Friday 20 April. We always put like-skilled drivers in the same heats so you won't be put into a heat with quick drivers

Good luck and we hope to see you soon
Racing RC Cars every Friday in Bromham, Bedfordshire
Join us on facebook: www.facebook.com/bedsrcmcc | Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/#bedsrcmcc

Current classes/cars I race in:
GT12: Schumacher SupaStox : XERUN V3.1 ESC | Thunder Power 13.5 Motor | Futaba 2.4GHz | Intellect LiPo
1:12th Trucks: SupaStox : CORE RC PACE 45R ESC | SpeedPassion 17.5T | Futaba 2.4GHz | CORE RC 3200mAH LiPo
Old 14-04-2012

Thank you I like all things carbon lol I should of gone for the normal kit
Hope to come over in the next few weeks thanks again
Old 14-04-2012

Hi Waz1176,

Apologies for any confusion, but the composite chassis (carbon or GRP) are only run in the BRCA class. Club class is for the alloy chassis only - the fundamental reason for this is to keep costs low in the club class and a more level playing field.

Your kit also has other mods inc ball race front wheels which aren't used in the club class. Its a good kit you have picked and like Scott says, there are a few people who run it and will be able to give you some setup advice.

Scott - are you thinking of relaxing the rules for the club class? I thought you wanted to keep these tightly controlled?

Paul
Old 14-04-2012

Hi could I change the front wheels to standard front hubs etc
And change the other bits to standard
What's the difference from the Vxr And the vxrce which is the same price
I was a bit confused when I got it
Thanks for all your help
Old 14-04-2012

You could but you would also need to change your chassis plate and lose the damper. Instead of paying to downgrade, now you have the CE kit, I think you would be better off running in the BRCA class and spending that money on a diff (say).

Lipo and brushless is marginally quicker than G2 brushed and 4-cell but only slightly - if you have a clean run with no accidents and all else is equal, 4-cell/ brushed will beat a lipo/brushless runner that has the odd tumble.

If you have a look on the Bedsrcmcc website, there is a good setup guide for the CE kit:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/setup-tips.php

Use the above and then get some help trackside from other CE kit runners and you will be fine.

hope that helps
Paul
Old 14-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI Paul View Post
Hi Waz1176,

Apologies for any confusion, but the composite chassis (carbon or GRP) are only run in the BRCA class. Club class is for the alloy chassis only - the fundamental reason for this is to keep costs low in the club class and a more level playing field.

Your kit also has other mods inc ball race front wheels which aren't used in the club class. Its a good kit you have picked and like Scott says, there are a few people who run it and will be able to give you some setup advice.

Scott - are you thinking of relaxing the rules for the club class? I thought you wanted to keep these tightly controlled?

Paul
Sorry Paul

I was thinking this was a 'CE' chassis (GRP) not a carbon version with what you say is a lot more additions. In which case, this would clearly be for the BRCA Class we run, rather than the Club Class.

As this is a brand new guy to RC racing, I would probably put him in the C Heat for Club Class but would score him for the BRCA Class. Putting him into the BRCA Class would not be fair to either him, or you guys.

Paul - I confirm with you that we do not want to let the scope of the Club Class change.
Join us on facebook: www.facebook.com/bedsrcmcc | Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/#bedsrcmcc

GT12: Schumacher SupaStox : XERUN V3.1 ESC | Thunder Power 13.5 Motor | Futaba 2.4GHz | Intellect LiPo
1:12th Trucks: SupaStox : CORE RC PACE 45R ESC | SpeedPassion 17.5T | Futaba 2.4GHz | CORE RC 3200mAH LiPo
Old 14-04-2012

Thanks for your help I didn't know it was that different to the rest
So I could run it and learn in club class but be in Classed in brca class
Old 14-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waz1176 View Post
Thanks for your help I didn't know it was that different to the rest
So I could run it and learn in club class but be in Classed in brca class
I think that's the best option for you. We need to make it clear to members how this is working so that we do not find people in Club Class thinking they can run the same chassis as you. Fingers crossed you might be a natural behind the wheel of your new car and you'll be running with the BRCA drivers sooner than you may think

Old 14-04-2012

Thanks a lot mate