Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Trade Room > NON-RC for sale/wanted

Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2012

Default SOLD - Quechua Base Seconds XL Perfect Popup Tent

Quechua 2 Seconds Base XL Pop Up Tent

I am selling my 10man pop up day tent that i have only used 3 or 4 times. It was purchased tail end of last year and as i said only been used 3 or 4 times.

In perfect condition.

Pop up in less than 2 minutes and put away in 5min max :-)
All folds up into a nice round bag. Comes with Floor / ground sheet also.

I paid £299.99 for this only a few months ago.
A bargain at £150

It is the exact same tent as this: HERE

Any questions please ask me.

Technical Information:-

Dimensions and weight: Hexagonal living area, 2m sides for a surface area of 10 m². max headroom 2.05m. 14kg.

Bedroom space: This seconds base was designed as the (very big) living room for 2 seconds tents, for fresh, rainy, or mosquito-filled evenings. it therefore does not have a bedroom, but is compatible with 2 seconds bedrooms.

Storage space (or living space, for some tents): With its 10 m², 8 or even 10 people can comfortably sit at the table. the groundsheet is included. it is basin shaped, and prevents any rainwater runoff into the tent. base tents can be twinned together, either with a full seconds base or an xl seconds base, extending the shelter area from 5 to 10 m² or 15m² or more. see demonstration film.

Entrance/exit: It has 4 large doors, 3 of which are adjoining to allow for a panoramic view of the countryside, and a 4th door at the back. these doors are easily stored in adjacent pocket, for increased ease of use. large overhangs protect each door from the sun and rain - and allow you to keep them open.

Pitching/folding: Innovation: the groundsheet can be positioned and secured before the tent is unfolded. this facilitates the right positioning of the tent, and its accurate set up. then, you can unfold and set it up in under 2 minutes! folds down in less than 2 minutes when you have the knack (see film below). this tent can easily be used without the groundsheet.

Waterproofing: Like all quechua tents, the waterproofing has been particularly well-developed, approved in lab tests (whole tent in a shower of 200 litres/h/m²!) and in field tests. (pu coated polyester flysheet, thermobonded sealed seams.) the waterproof qualities of twinned 2 seconds bases have been approved under the same conditions.

Ventilation: 1 ventilation flap above the 4 doors. 6 large mosquito-netted windows (can be closed). everything is designed to maximise ventilation, and reduce natural condensation.

Poles: Solid fibreglass for excellent break resistance.

Tent pegs: Galvanised steel, 6mm in diameter, for excellent twist-resistance.

Cover: Disc that is 90cm in diameter, and 10cm thick. no-zip flap, which is more practical, and 2 straps for occasional carrying.

UV protection: The tent fabrics block over 98% of UVB and 80 to 95% of UVA rays. If you're looking for protection during the day, remember that a lot of UV rays reflect off the ground and in through open doors.

Last edited by unseenmagik; 01-05-2012 at 07:15 AM. Reason: SOLD SOLD SOLD
Old 30-04-2012

Is it still for sale
Old 01-05-2012

Tent is now sold