Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Telford Hot Trax

Old 07-08-2012

Arrow Emergency Meeting 8/8/12

Hey all,

In light of our unexpected sad news of the closure of Cordingly Hall (The full story is still unknown), we are calling for an emergency meeting to discuss our future as a club tomorrow night..... 8pm Wednesday 8th Aug at the Foresters Pub, at the bottom of Madeley High St. TF7 5AS.

If you've any ideas, contacts etc please do your best to attend, this is our future. EVERYONE is welcome.

Can we all spread the word that there'll be no racing tomorrow and that the above meeting is taking its place please.

Cheers,
Steve.
Old 07-08-2012

you shouldn't have jinxed it last week + we had the curry plan sorted and everything
Old 09-08-2012

hi have you thought about dawly social club i know there is a massive hall there iv had a few partys there and i know its quiet cheep.???
Old 09-08-2012

theres also the venue in hillslane madeley they quiet cheep and got a big hall to..
Old 11-08-2012

Hi mate,

We looked at the 'Venue' last year but was too small at 108sqm. He did mention having an extension built at some point..... Do you know if it's been done?

We've got someone enquiring about Dawley, cheers.

Steve.
Old 12-08-2012

iv no idea about the venue as im not living in telford ad the mo lol
Old 28-08-2012

Default is there a new venue yet

is there a new venue yet
Old 29-08-2012

OK, some possible good news for the club...... potential new venue found.....

There shall be a brief discussion/update to sort a few minor details out down the Foresters tonight (Weds) at 8pm then on to the curry house up the road.

All are welcome to hear the news, have a drink or just come along for the curry!

If you can't make it, details will follow by e-mail.

See you soon,
Steve.
Old 31-08-2012

Default new venue

hi all,

what decision did you make on the new venue if any,
sorry didnt come to the meeting but i was on nights,
only asking as i have had my buggy a month now and not used it in anger
cheers rob.
Old 31-08-2012

With regards to a new venue for Telford Hot Trax, we are in the final stages of securing one! so it's good news.

We are waiting on the venue sending us the contract, but it has been agreed in principle that the hall is ours for the foreseeable future between the hours of 19:30 & 22:00 on a Wednesday evening.

The plan is to move our carpet and track to the new venue this coming Wednesday (05/09/12), familiarise ourselves with the facility and ensure the storage areas are arranged appropriately for getting out equipment in and out as required.

The new venue is Hadley Learning Centre, it is a much nicer venue than has previously been used, and therefore requires all racers to respect this when carrying out repairs etc to their cars. (we don't want to be seeing oils, greases, screws etc lying around or staining carpets!)

We will be expecting racers to bring some sort of pit mat / towel to prevent damage to tables.

We have the opportunity to make this a long term arrangement, with only the way in which we respect the venue potentially becoming an issue. So far they have been very accommodating and are welcoming our presence.

Watch this space for further updates and confirmation of the forthcoming activities with regards to getting our club back up and running. Details of location, times etc.

You can rest assured, that we are doing all we can to be back racing as soon as possible!
Old 01-09-2012

Default new venue

hi bud,
thanks for the reply,
sounds great, cant wait for the racing to start
Old 01-09-2012

I take it you have a mini8 now then rob.
Good news on venue
if you need a hand moving the stuff im on days for a few weeks so could help
Old 01-09-2012

Default new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregors View Post
I take it you have a mini8 now then rob.
Good news on venue
if you need a hand moving the stuff im on days for a few weeks so could help
hi bud,
no i have pushed the boat out and got a b44.1 and a b44 for me and my lad,
the week i got them set up the club lost its venue, so they have just sat there,
might pop down Wednesday night for a nose
Old 02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
With regards to a new venue for Telford Hot Trax, we are in the final stages of securing one! so it's good news.

We are waiting on the venue sending us the contract, but it has been agreed in principle that the hall is ours for the foreseeable future between the hours of 19:30 & 22:00 on a Wednesday evening.

The plan is to move our carpet and track to the new venue this coming Wednesday (05/09/12), familiarise ourselves with the facility and ensure the storage areas are arranged appropriately for getting out equipment in and out as required.

The new venue is Hadley Learning Centre, it is a much nicer venue than has previously been used, and therefore requires all racers to respect this when carrying out repairs etc to their cars. (we don't want to be seeing oils, greases, screws etc lying around or staining carpets!)

We will be expecting racers to bring some sort of pit mat / towel to prevent damage to tables.

We have the opportunity to make this a long term arrangement, with only the way in which we respect the venue potentially becoming an issue. So far they have been very accommodating and are welcoming our presence.

Watch this space for further updates and confirmation of the forthcoming activities with regards to getting our club back up and running. Details of location, times etc.

You can rest assured, that we are doing all we can to be back racing as soon as possible!
Hi, i'm looking to get back into RC never really raced on a track selling my heli to get a truck was thinking HPI Savage XS, also have a 5 yr old daughter that also likes the cars just got her a HPI Mini Recon, Also my brother might tag along he just got his Tamiya Twin Detonator up and running. Where abouts are you as from reading your posts you have moved and the STICKY at the top has the wrong address. Is it free to come and watch? i'm leaning more to off road cars because i wanna go and have a Bash as they call it.
Old 03-09-2012

@nelly

Appologies for any misleading info you may have seen, unfortunately we are bang in the middle of sorting the new venue etc, so still have things to confirm and also posts to edit, BRCA site to update etc. this will obviously be done as soon as we are able.

I've updated the sticky for the club anyway with our new venue address.

Hadley Learning Community Crescent Road,*Telford, TF1 5JU

Ref racing Trucks indoors, it may be that they are too cumbersome / big for the track size which we would normally construct, aimed at 1/10 buggy's and micro's.

I'd hang fire spending your hard earned until we are settled in over the next couple of weeks, it is free to come down and watch etc. So I would advise coming along and seeing what we have to offer first and have a chat!
Old 03-09-2012

Thanks for the address. What times or days do you meet. I think i read somewhere Tuesday at 19:30
Old 03-09-2012

Our meetings will be 19:30 on Wednesday evenings. This coming Wednesday 5th Sept.) will be moving in and familiarisation with the venue only, the following Wednesday is when we should be back up and running!
Old 03-09-2012

Ok i should be able to make it next week, I'm on nights this Wednesday. Looks like a huge place from the sky. Where about will it be or will there be a sign or something.
Old 03-09-2012

I'll be down the new venue for the first time myself this wednesday, i'll then be posting a map of the new venue along with any detailed directions of how to find us within.
If it does look like there's a chance of getting lost around the place i'll make sure there's some signs up for next wednesday to guide everyone in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly3 View Post
Ok i should be able to make it next week, I'm on nights this Wednesday. Looks like a huge place from the sky. Where about will it be or will there be a sign or something.
Old 03-09-2012

Good man. Hope to see you there.