Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 29-06-2010

Default UPDATE: See 1st Post

UPDATE:
  • Results links added to First Post.
Old 29-06-2010

UPDATE:
  • Championship Standings added to 1st post.
Old 11-07-2010

UPDATE:
  • Results from Round 4 and Latest Championship Standings added to 1st post.
Old 14-07-2010

A short video of the 2WD A Final is on the EK website

http://ekmodelcarclub.co.uk/Videos.html

Raymond.
Old 22-08-2010

UPDATE:
  • Results from Round 5 and Latest Championship Standings added to 1st post.
Old 22-08-2010

Donutt check your messages
Old 22-08-2010

Thanks Paul - as you see, utterly knacked, but still have to get the "work" for the Regional series done before I get to sort out my own life! LOL!

I'm going to crawl away now, and sleep till Tuesday, no doubt...
Old 22-08-2010

Can i just say that i had a fantastic day today, thoroughly enjoyed myself. The track was something else even if the jump was a little scary for those of us who are new to off road racing. Had 3 great A Finals with Derek and Jim and managed to win overall. Thanks for a wicked day's racing guys and hope to see you all at stonehaven. The Tamiya's flying at the minute, great 2wd buggy.
Scotty
ps thanks to John and Ross for an excellent track, you deserve a big pat on the back.
Old 22-08-2010

Scott - well done again today, and if you get a maximum score at Stonehaven next week, you can tie for 1st place in the 2WD championship. Good luck.

Just to keep you all amused, here are my Lap Analysis spreadsheets from the A finals today. Something to muse over and see if its of interest to anyone.

I've added it onto the results page - see 1st post.
Old 23-08-2010
Mad Member

Sounds like it all went well yesterday!

Sorry I didn't come along and chose Halifax instead - in hindsight I should have stuck to off road as had a terrible weekend with my TC, blew 2 speedo's and had all sorts of problems!

Never mind onwards and upwards!

See you all soon but probably as a spectator as I've used up all my passes.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 23-08-2010

Looking forward to the weekend, should be fun.
Scotty....
Old 29-08-2010

Thanks again to everyone who turned up throughout the season to race. Personally, I think it's been great and it's achieved all we set out to do this first year.

I've had fun organising it, and a tremendous amount of satisfaction and enjoyment. I've also had the best season's racing this year - not in terms of results maybe, but still a personal best and thoroughly enjoyed racing with old friends and lots of familiar and new faces.

Let's hope 2011 is as successful, but I expect that we may be able to achieve more. I expect though that we'll see a resurgence in all forms of RC racing, not just off-road, and that will be good for Scottish RC racing.

I'll update the results tomorrow morning, but will take the opportunity now to congratulate our new champions.

Scottish Champion - 4WD

John Allan

Scottish Champion - 2WD

Ross Irwin

Now we move on to the Veterans/Juniors/F2 finals in EOS Coventry and the F345 EOS Finals in Silverstone. Good luck to all the Scottish guys attending these. We're all routing for you.

Next year, the championship will be organised by a committee - one man can't do everything and it takes a bit of time and effort to keep all the plates spinning. I'll still take my turn to do what I can, when I can. Thank you everyone for your kind words today and I'm glad you appreciate the season as it's evolved.

We've built up a good body of committed drivers (maybe they should be!) but they understand off-road racing and have the experience and desire needed to ensure that the Scottish Off-Road scene is exactly what we all want it to be. The future is in good hands.

I'll arrange a AGM for sometime towards the end of October, which seems the right time to get 2011 off to a flying start (Ooh! a pun - did you see what I did there?). More news on this forum once it's been decided when and where, with plenty of notice for everyone.

Thanks again everyone and here's to 2011!
Regards
Old 30-08-2010

Dom you deserve a lot of praise for what was achieved this season and can i just say that i'm glad i went the off road route and i'm already looking forward to next season. Anything you need help with just ask.
Old 30-08-2010

Thanks Scott. Sorry you didn't run till the end of the day - you were missed and in the end it was still a good days racing, albeit damn filthy!

At least all the bearings & diffs were removed last night and cleaned and oiled, and tonight it'll be the turn of the remainder.

I'll be doing a major overhaul before heading to Silverstone. I will NOT be retiring for ANY race unless it's through my usual cavalier driving style. It will not be through lack of maintenance!!!

Will keep you informed re AGM. I'll send a PM in a couple of mins.
Old 30-08-2010

just remmber Dom let the track come to the car like it did for me come the schumacher
Old 30-08-2010

You know Jim, it's much easier for others to do that - it's my "Achilles heal" - I'm terrible for tinkering with the car! I was told that 20 years ago, and I've still not learned...

I must do better...

Anyway, the Final Standings have now been posted and I'll get the actual results for Round 6 posted sometime tomorrow. Been a busy day (and I forgot - got stuck into the cars tonight) so I've just managed to get the points done before bed. - night folks..
Old 31-08-2010

Yes, well done Dom for getting a Scottish offroad series off the ground again.

My attendance has been very poor this year, mainly due to my electrical problems and offshore visits, but now that I have got to the bottom of it (finally), I will try and attend all the rounds next year, or at least enough to qualify.

Dare I say it that I may even give up TC's altogether to concentrate on offroad.
Old 31-08-2010

Darren

Looking through the times from Sunday, your car was rapid - single fastest lap was up there with Ross and John, etc. I'd say just practice now, and get consistent. You'll have a real shout next year.

I've now posted all the laptimes etc from the meeting Sunday and if I can find some webspace, I'll generate and post my Laptime Analysis for the entire series.

Link will be added to this front page
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbo View Post
Yes, well done Dom for getting a Scottish offroad series off the ground again.

My attendance has been very poor this year, mainly due to my electrical problems and offshore visits, but now that I have got to the bottom of it (finally), I will try and attend all the rounds next year, or at least enough to qualify.

Dare I say it that I may even give up TC's altogether to concentrate on offroad.
I really enjoy Off Road, it's how I started as a kid. Well done from me too Dom, hopefully it will grow and grow.

Dasbo, what happened to your car in the last race when it died?

Dan
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Jesus! John was QUICK with my buggy in Leg 3 of the A final!!

A 15.65 second lap, fastest of the day if I'm not mistaken.....I just need to get that quick with it!! Ross was flying too and got a 15.66 lap

I've wiped the bodyshell with a baby wipe and that's all the cleaning/maintenance it'll get until the next round of the club championship which I can hopefully make.

Dan