Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-06-2015

Default strange glitching problem

so now the cars and drivers are getting better our racing is really staring to become fun, some great help from people at our club and the kids are doing really well,

BUT we now have a really strange problem on one of the cars and no one seems to have any answers,

every 30 seconds or so it will suddenly glitch and go backwards not a lot may be half a wheels turn or something, i have tried changing all sort on the transmitter and esc but to no avail,

Anyone ever had a similar problem and found what it is/was? via fault testing i am thinking its either the esc or transmitter but both are a lot of money to spend if they do not resolve the problem,

i look forward to any input
Old 14-06-2015

I had a similar problem recently, but just with brakes. (I don't use Reverse).
I tried alsorts of things. In the end I cured the problem by changing the sensor cable. It's be fine since.
Old 14-06-2015

thanks for the reply, tried changing the senor cable but still the same, i do find though sometimes when reverse is pressed it glitches a little more like a delay or something or glitching whilst reverse is pressed really hard to explain
Old 15-06-2015

Have you set up, or is there a fail safe set? If the RX is loosing signal and going into failsafe position, and that position is brakes on, or reverse in your case that could be the cause? what happens if you turn the car on without the TX on?
Old 15-06-2015
Mad Member

Rebind and recalibrate the esc/rx/tx.

Make sure your dead zone on the esc is wide enough (I've had this as an issue. The radio gear isn't accurate enough to always give exactly zero when you release the throttle, it might give a fraction of a percent forward or reverse, so you have a dead band on the ESC)

Check how your ESC is meant to work in reverse (if I have a reverse programmed in, there is usually a time delay, this *could* give some funky performance issues)

Make sure cable runs are clean, no coils or running close to motors etc.

Make sure the trigger runs smoothly too!
Old 15-06-2015

thanks peps i think i have sorted it re bound,reset throtle, increased deadband seems to be ok, see what happens when we put it on the track
Old 17-06-2015
Mad Member

Had exactly this problem was nothing to do with the speedo all related to the transmitter setting for throttle I set them all to default and issue went away