Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 06-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default short course points?

Just a quick question, probably to rob or nathan or someone else on the ME comittee.

Due to there being short course at every round of regionals this year, how will the points system work?

Will it be a series of seperate points for the 2wd and 4wd regionals for two championships, or are the points going to be from ALL regionals and put together for 1 championship?
Old 23-03-2011

It will be points from all regionals together but only the best four to count so you could in theory only do short course at 2wd or 4wd regionals and still have enough to count.
Old 23-03-2011

Did we agree or not that only 2wd short course was to count for points but both 2wd and 4wd could still enter.
Bit unsure
Tony
Old 11-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Its a bit unfair if only 2wd can score points. Surely that will stop some people from entering?
I'm sure 2 championships can be set up even if they only have one heat....which I'm sure won't happen as it looks to be getting pretty popular.
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

4WD are running in Open class, with any 2WD that doesn't meet 2WD 'Stock' class rules on 10.5 turn brushless or 19T brushed motor use.

Open is a seperate championship to 2WD 'stock' class as i understand, so there are technically 2 SCT championships, but running in same qualifying heats dependant on entry numbers?

Certainly is getting popular Tel, are you running all Regional rounds?
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

Nathan...

there may be an issue with some trucks running reverse, as has been 'debated' recently with SCT National series drivers...

apparantly BRCA rules do not state that reverse is banned in 1/10th offroad or onroad classes, so clarification on whether it is allowed at the regional meetings may crop up!
Old 12-04-2011

Default Clarification

The open class and stock class are two separate classes and each will have their own points and championship.

As for the reverse issue we will just see how it goes for the first few rounds. I can't really see it being a problem but if it is we will have a look.

The short course class is supposed to be fun for regionals. We don't want too many rules, just enough to keep the racing close and not too expensive.
Old 12-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cool.

Chimp, yeah I'm doing all but a couple due to hols and stuff. but any I can get to, I will.