Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 04-10-2014

Default new hauler ??

I need a new hauler as my fastrax is crap and knacked, never again will I buy a fastrax hauler, so what else are people using and price and whats the quality like as I want it to last years and not months.
thanks
Old 04-10-2014
Mad Member

Am thinking about getting the hudy one, have a look on mb models he has one in stock

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 04-10-2014

I picked up a used hudy one two years ago best £100 I've spent on rc
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 04-10-2014

ive heard nothing but good reports about the hudy chris, only problem is there price and size could I justify the price and could I fill the drawers , the next size down isn't much cheaper so would be better off getting the bigger one just incase, heard a few people going for ogio 9800 bags ?? but I prefer separate storage etc
Old 04-10-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've just got an Ogio 9800 and i like it. Tons of room, takes all the boxes and trays I used to carry, but a bit less organised under the table, as they are not in drawers. The hauler was nice in that the tools were in the tray at the top. I now have an arrowmax wallet for drivers, and a "really useful box" for the other tools I carry, pliers, callipers, brushes, etc. And I now use a hobbyking/turnigy transmitter shell case rather than just putting my Tx in a drawer. The ogio carries everything used to and more. I can fill the big pocket with wheels and tyres, where i used to carry a separate box for them. plus is that its super solid, fits better in the boot car, easier to roll and carry, and i can hang cars off the straps when rolling.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty boys motorsport View Post
ive heard nothing but good reports about the hudy chris, only problem is there price and size could I justify the price and could I fill the drawers , the next size down isn't much cheaper so would be better off getting the bigger one just incase, heard a few people going for ogio 9800 bags ?? but I prefer separate storage etc
I am going to have a look at one at Worksop get an idea for true size and decide from there, I am currently using something simlair to the ogio bag but so disorganised, so I need something a bit better

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 04-10-2014

I haven't seen any of these posh/expensive bags in the flesh as it were - but what's the advantage of buying one of them over say one of those small luggage type case's on wheels with a handle, especially if other than the buggy everything else has its own box anyway?

Don't get me wrong, I have seen a couple of nice looking J Concepts bag/hauler's for approx. £50 and £85 - but why get one of these if I could get a small non branded case of wheels from a supermarket for say£20-£25?

Is there an actual advantage of them or more an image thingy
Old 04-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

HPI sell them as well and admit after seeing one in person the quality is much better than Fastrax
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 04-10-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whites75 View Post

Is there an actual advantage of them or more an image thingy
the solid construction and quality materials. they are essentially designed to carry dirty motorcross gear, helmet and boots. They are very solidly made and will stand up to abuse. if you can get over the fact they don't have drawers, then you are set.

you could use a much cheaper rollie case sure. as with everything (except of course junk fasttrax haulers) you get what you pay for and when you buy cheap, you buy twice.

im at worksop tomorrow if anyone wants to have a look at my ogio.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 04-10-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
HPI sell them as well and admit after seeing one in person the quality is much better than Fastrax
they come out the same factory