Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 06-11-2011
Mad Member

i`ve got some nip viper shells if your interested in one.
Old 07-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll have a chat with you Bri, but Paul did say I could 'borrow' my old shell back!
Old 08-11-2011

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders

I've got 2 protech shells nip, one is going to Pete for some paint and the other is going to Si to be moulded.. (hopefully...)

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKOR33 View Post
Its more fun doing cheap/budget vintage like me jay as it tastes sweeter when you beat all the expensive new/old vintage builds

I was actually 3rd on friday behind paul knight not last, as for some reason th ept wasnt being picked up
Completely understand what you're saying David. I think you're easily the best driver we have in Vintage at the moment (although I hear more are on their way). I have no idea how you manage to drive that old Tamiya around so fast but it must involve some sort of ritual sacrifice.

As for expensive new cars I agree with your comment. But there are some good buys out there. I won't lie, I fancy an RC10 but they're too expensive - especially for the amount of racing I do. But my brand new XX was only £120 from memory. In my book that's not bad, it's new enough to still get spares for, drives way better than I ever expected (I once owned a XXX - urgh), and the rear wheels are compatible with my SV & SX.

I did originally buy considerably cheaper XX's of the Bay but being me, the idea of stripping down several cars to make one good one in the end just seemed like too much effort.....
Old 09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn Spooner View Post
Completely understand what you're saying David. I think you're easily the best driver we have in Vintage at the moment (although I hear more are on their way). I have no idea how you manage to drive that old Tamiya around so fast but it must involve some sort of ritual sacrifice.

As for expensive new cars I agree with your comment. But there are some good buys out there. I won't lie, I fancy an RC10 but they're too expensive - especially for the amount of racing I do. But my brand new XX was only £120 from memory. In my book that's not bad, it's new enough to still get spares for, drives way better than I ever expected (I once owned a XXX - urgh), and the rear wheels are compatible with my SV & SX.

I did originally buy considerably cheaper XX's of the Bay but being me, the idea of stripping down several cars to make one good one in the end just seemed like too much effort.....

Thanks Martyn but i think that accolade is yours, try as i might i couldnt pass your 2wd with my 4wd, i did have fun trying mind specially in round 1 with both rear shocks not attached and the car cocking its legs round every corner lol

If i wasnt pushing so hard to catch you i would have probably not binned it and remained second aaahh well thats the way racing goes

My 2wd racing on friday was completly screwed up after driving the vintage nevermind....
Old 10-11-2011

You where right on my bumper until about 4mins. Ben gave me a copy of the video - it's not the whole final but I'll ask him if it's okay to post on YouTube or somewhere. I can see how careful you were not to hit my car when you got up real close. Thanks for that.

He also snapped a few pics of all races.