Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
But Medders, why add more heats just because you were late to enter? Surely if you knew you were going to miss an event or two already its in your interest to pre-book in good time? Now you're too late its your own fault, sorry.

110 is on the high side as it is.

Be on the reserve list, turn up, and take a chance. Hopefully everyone shows but on the off-chance of a space for you atleast you'll be there.
Also chris not everyone comes on oople,so whats the crack if your not an oople member and youve not seen all this booking in tuff shit? this is a disgrace i know a couple of people which dont live on here thats missed out already!!!
Old 07-04-2011

Eric, Set the computer on auto start to save time.

I really don't want to there until 8 OClock like last year.

Tony
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
Eric, Set the computer on auto start to save time.

I really don't want to there until 8 OClock like last year.

Tony
so are you going to be the person telling some of the guys that havent been on oople which have got up early drove 60miles+ sorry meeting booked up go home??? cos i can name atleast 3 bury members which will just turn up as they dont come on here whatsoever!!
Old 07-04-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Matt i think what tony is trying to say is that its on every northwest web site that this year will be pre booking first, if you turn up and get turned away then thats just the way it is, you wouldn't go to something like a high class restaurant or something like that and expect to just get in,same at nationals u just don't turn up and race, so why expect anything different just because you didn't pre book, just the way i see it,
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
so are you going to be the person telling some of the guys that havent been on oople which have got up early drove 60miles+ sorry meeting booked up go home??? cos i can name atleast 3 bury members which will just turn up as they dont come on here whatsoever!!

If its full its full, end of, if people turn up who arent booked in and cant race then thats just how it is! Why dont you tell the 3 people its fully booked so they dont make a wasted journey?

I really dont see the problem, its first come first serve, we cant have more than 12 heats, thats already a push! Thats an 1+hour per round, 4 rounds and finals... We just dont have the time to cater for everyone!

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
Matt i think what tony is trying to say is that its on every northwest web site that this year will be pre booking first, if you turn up and get turned away then thats just the way it is, you wouldn't go to something like a high class restaurant or something like that and expect to just get in,same at nationals u just don't turn up and race, so why expect anything different just because you didn't pre book, just the way i see it,

Beat me to it carl

Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
i know what your saying karl but it was turn up and race last year and the year before that,the goal posts have been moved with very little consideration imo,i dont have the contact details to tell the bury lads theyre not booked in.
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

But interest has increased dramatically! Pre-booking in was the only option...

Old 07-04-2011

Problem is that its gone from not having to worry about getting into regionals to having to monitor websites and book in well in advance to secure places.

Its not a good trend where the average club racer is unable to race at regional level. Wouldn't it be better given the demand to restrict people to entering one class?
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
i know what your saying karl but it was turn up and race last year and the year before that,the goal posts have been moved with very little consideration imo,i dont have the contact details to tell the bury lads theyre not booked in.
every club will have been told, or contacted to let them no, ask roger why he has mentioned it,
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medders View Post
Problem is that its gone from not having to worry about getting into regionals to having to monitor websites and book in well in advance to secure places.

Its not a good trend where the average club racer is unable to race at regional level. Wouldn't it be better given the demand to restrict people to entering one class?
the problem is you should and always had to book in with your own club or through them, they should have let you no this,its not a club day were you turn up and race,
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
If you don't use the web sites how do you know whats going on ? It's been all over every NW club sections and Southports own web site.
You certainly look at oople site with 776 posts.
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medders View Post

Perhaps next year we may have to run 2wd & 4wd on seperate days. this is down to the clubs involved and the NW BRCA Rep.
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Snr View Post
If you don't use the web sites how do you know whats going on ? It's been all over every NW club sections and Southports own web site.
You certainly look at oople site with 776 posts.
i wasent talking about myself,if youd have read an earlier post properly you would know i was talking about other bury members which arnt oople members.
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
the problem is you should and always had to book in with your own club or through them, they should have let you no this,its not a club day were you turn up and race,
Seems to me that some clubs have given their own members the nod or pre-booked them into the regional. I dont know if this is common practice or the standard across the board. But with a large club with say 100 members restricting the amount of heats would limit the availability of places to visiting drivers there for clubs with smaller amounts of members would have more space for visitors. Just my thoughts
I'm not really bothered about racing at southport it's my least favourite club in the north west I think it takes its self far to serious and most of the members are arrogant and unwelcoming remember that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it !!

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 07-04-2011

I have watched the progress of these emails with interest. On the positive side - it is great that interest has increased to the extent that there has to be a reserve list but not good for drivers who have not managed to book in. With a limit on nationals it is usually the event that allows the lower formulae drivers to be able to participate.

Having been involved with the Batley club now for 22 years - I have seen the trends change and clubs and regions have had to hang in and see through the lull when interest has waned. Both classes on the same day was obviously introduced when numbers were low and now with the increase maybe next year some regions will need to look at how the series is offered in order to be able to accommodate everyone - but for this year the calendar has been set.

I have yet to run a meeting where every driver that has booked in prior to the event turns up to race - there are usually places available on the day (especially when they have not had to pre-pay). Even at Nationals where drivers pre-pay - some do not turn up and forfeit the fee.

Another factor is the weather - depending on what it is like - some drivers will look out of the window and decide not to bother - especially when they have not paid!

My personal view is that all drivers should be able to race at regionals, wherever possible, within the time constraints for the club, and we should do whatever we can to accommodate them.

With the use of PTs by so many drivers, one option could be to have 11 cars in some of the heats - if the track is large enough to accommodate this. Something we could definitely consider at the Batley track.
Old 07-04-2011
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

BUDFISH i think what you said is out of order im not a member to any of the clubs involved in fact im from the other side of the country { hull east coast } and i got entry so what you say is wrong
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Seems to me that some clubs have given their own members the nod or pre-booked them into the regional. I dont know if this is common practice or the standard across the board. But with a large club with say 100 members restricting the amount of heats would limit the availability of places to visiting drivers there for clubs with smaller amounts of members would have more space for visitors. Just my thoughts
I'm not really bothered about racing at southport it's my least favourite club in the north west I think it takes its self far to serious and most of the members are arrogant and unwelcoming remember that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it !!

I can definitely say that this is not the case for the Batley Regional. I have emails or PTs from all drivers who are entered and they would also be able to confirm that I have responded to their emails to confirm their entries.

I did send a text message to all drivers at our club (which is a system I have used for a while to inform them of meetings or cancelled meetings) and some of them have not yet booked in but they were all given the opportunity.

It has always been the responsibility of the driver to book in for meetings and once the outdoor meetings start it is up to them to make contact with the clubs involved.
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
BUDFISH i think what you said is out of order im not a member to any of the clubs involved in fact im from the other side of the country { hull east coast } and i got entry so what you say is wrong
Your entitled to your opinion as am I well done on your entry footsey xx

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud fish View Post
Seems to me that some clubs have given their own members the nod or pre-booked them into the regional. I don't know if this is common practice or the standard across the board. But with a large club with say 100 members restricting the amount of heats would limit the availability of places to visiting drivers there for clubs with smaller amounts of members would have more space for visitors. Just my thoughts
I'm not really bothered about racing at south port it's my least favorite club in the north west I think it takes its self far to serious and most of the members are arrogant and unwelcoming remember that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it !!
bud you couldn't be more wrong mate,southport,south lakes,keighly,batley,have all done the same, pre booking its online on here and there own sites,seems bury are the only ones that haven't done it or mentioned it,so you cant go around making assumptions based on what you think,