Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 04-01-2010
Mad Member

Default ezrun 35a 9t vrs ezrun 8.5t 60amp

as above .... is there much difference between the ezrun 35amp esc / 9t motor and the 8.5t with the 60amp esc combos on ebay ...

its only for my blitz , so all out power is not nessarily needed ... i know the ezruns are cheap , but for the cash you cant grumble .....
Old 09-01-2010

Ezrun are good esc, but ezrun motors 8.5 (inclusived I think) and
above are 380 size motors with extra case size (540), so not so powerfull.
Old 09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun m View Post
as above .... is there much difference between the ezrun 35amp esc / 9t motor and the 8.5t with the 60amp esc combos on ebay ...

its only for my blitz , so all out power is not nessarily needed ... i know the ezruns are cheap , but for the cash you cant grumble .....
Go with the Ezrun 60amp esc and 8.5t motor combo, it performs really well in a 2wd or 4wd buggy/sc truck. It's really value for money, the 9t motor on the other hand is a 380 size motor in a 540 can. A buddy of mine is using it on his 2wd buggy, it's pretty ok but due to it's smaller 380 size, even with correct gearing, it does get a lot hotter than the 540 sized 8.5t motor.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon | Darth Tray

My Trader Feedback
Old 09-01-2010

i run the 60amp and 8.5 combo, had it it in a few cars now both 2wd and 4wd, runs fine and for the price well

ideal for a madrat or the likes

on the 60amp its a bit tall with the fan so if limited for space u might want to run it with out the fan, mine gets warm far from hot
Old 09-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I quite like the 9T motor myself. It revs nicely but doesn't have the same amount of torque as a full 540 sized brushless - making it ideal for 2wds or older cars not really made for brushless.
However, I also prefer the 60A ESC to the 35A. It runs a lot cooler and since it has capacitors (the 35A doesn't) is also a lot smoother.
The 9T and 60A is a great combination in a 2wd - in fact thats whats in my RC10T. I actually prefer it to the LRP Sphere/X11 7.5t that used to be in there.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I quite like the 9T motor myself. It revs nicely but doesn't have the same amount of torque as a full 540 sized brushless - making it ideal for 2wds or older cars not really made for brushless.
However, I also prefer the 60A ESC to the 35A. It runs a lot cooler and since it has capacitors (the 35A doesn't) is also a lot smoother.
The 9T and 60A is a great combination in a 2wd - in fact thats whats in my RC10T. I actually prefer it to the LRP Sphere/X11 7.5t that used to be in there.
i've got a 9t 60A in my x6 and its running really well indoors at bury, not hot for the size of the motor,Is lacking torque slighty but is realiable for the price and as si say's better in many ways than his lrp which would be considerably more expensive.
Only negtive thing i can say about it is, it can be aggressive on the throttle at times its all or nothing even when the esc program turn right downand i class my driving as smooth...
Old 18-01-2010

Default EZ RUN 60 AMP

I would go with the 60 amp combo, I have run this with the 5.5 motor and it has been quick and reliable. Turned down its slow enough for a beginner, turn it up and keep up or beat £300 plus combos, can't go wrong.
Old 18-01-2010

9 turn is a finned 380 size and i have found it excellent, if i remember correctly the 8.5 is 540 size, not finned 380
Old 29-01-2010

Default ezrun esc setting - low voltage and timing

Hi

Just setting up ezrun esc in a B44 (35a - hope its ok with the comments above!) and have 2 questions this thread might be able to help with:

1. What low voltage cut out setting is best? (using 30c 4400 7.4v lipos)

2. Using a 9t brushless - and have no idea about the timing setting?
Cheers

Jnunu
Old 29-01-2010
Mad Member

I set mine to 3.2v per cell for cut-off and as for timing i would leave it on the default setting to start off with.
Old 29-01-2010

Thanks for that.

Jnu
Old 06-02-2010

Default ezrun with spektrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer73 View Post
i've got a 9t 60A in my x6 and its running really well indoors at bury, not hot for the size of the motor,Is lacking torque slighty but is realiable for the price and as si say's better in many ways than his lrp which would be considerably more expensive.
Only negtive thing i can say about it is, it can be aggressive on the throttle at times its all or nothing even when the esc program turn right downand i class my driving as smooth...
Not sure if you can help - but i just set up my ezrun erc annd motor with my spektrum dx3 and when i have "reversed/braked", the motor will not go into "forward" until i have pulled the trigger twice, if you see what i mean.

Is this meant to happen as some sort of fail safe in the ezrun esc or is it the transmitter d'ya think?
Old 06-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are you sure you have it the right way round. It sounds like your forward is your reverse and vice versa.

Set it up with other way round, then if the car shoots off backwards when you pull the throttle swap over any two motor wires.

Using that system in a B44 you'll likely want a cooling fan on the motor as its gets quite hot.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 07-02-2010

Default hmm

I will have a go - but this is before its in the car so I suppose i'm not sure which way its going!

The same question applies though - is it right that i would have to press the tigger twice to go backwards once i have gone forwards?

Also now worried about motor temp - hadnt figured on needing a motor fan and not sure what that entails!. The esc has a fan on it. Would it help if the esc was a 60a or is the motor going to run hot whatever? Its a 9T.

Cheers

jnu
Old 07-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It might not be an issue - I had problems with the 9t and 35A esc in my Cat'98 shutting down on the final lap (so after around 5 mins running) due to overheating. The problem there was that the motor and esc are next to each other so adequate cooling is tricky. Motor fans are easy this Ansmann fan just plugs into a spare receiver slot.

Yes you have to press the trigger twice to reverse. This system is designed for racing where reverse isn't really permitted (hence it has a forwards only option) so the reverse function has been designed to only engage on purpose.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 08-02-2010

Default fingers crossed

Hi

I am planning to site the esc on the opposite side to the fan - most B44's seem to be laid out like this and it makes install neater and presumably cooler as well. Fingers crossed. I will keep the fan in mind - there should be room if req.

Thanks for the 2 times reverse thing - bit noob yet.

I had to reverse the channel for set up and so will de-reverse and all should be well.

Thanks for all.

Jnu
Old 06-02-2011

So you got the 35A ?
Old 07-02-2011

Default Yep...

.....and its fine so far.