Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 25-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
£20 family entry (1 Adult and unlimited children as long as they are family, unlimited classes)
Now, that is thinking out of the box, and that one really REALLY is likeable, from my point of view!!
Old 25-06-2010

Quote:
What i did say is if you want it changed turn up and be counted, its already been pointed out to that if there is going to be a majority turn out of nitro drivers at any AGM then its going to favour them
Which is exactly why pricings and the like should be discussed at club level then the findings presented by the club's WRCA representative to the WRCA AGM then one club one vote sorts the decision.... that way decisions can't be manipulated simply by turning out mob-handed. Probably 70% of all club members choose not to be active in the organizational side of r/c so these small meetings can be swayed by a very small group who want everyone to do just what they want with little consideration for the rest. When it happens (which it does) the vast majority are presented with a 'like it or lump it' situation. Many of these will not stand up and fight their corner... so they drift away and the overall number of racers falls. That sounds to me very much like what has happened in the Welsh region over recent years.

As the numbers reduce so the divide between classes grows.

Quote:
And just one more point i would like to make is nitro is the future and savior of this sport, its a much more spectator friendly thing due to the sheer spectical of the sport.
.... until someone 6 miles away makes a nuisance report about faint buzzing when they are trying to relax in their garden on a Sunday afternoon and suddenly a noise abatement order is served and it all has to stop. The intolerance of today's society is such that unless you are 20 miles away in any direction from another human being then there is a good chance of a complaint.

Nitros have plugged a gap left by a drop off in electric runners but their rise will also be their downfall because of the noise issues associated with them. There is no level of noise that can not be classified as a nuisance.

To my mind r/c racing is about the challenge of you against the clock and other drivers.... it is a sport of participation. You race other drivers you don't drive for a crowd!!!
Old 25-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick don View Post
And just one more point i would like to make is nitro is the future and savior of this sport, its a much more spectator friendly thing due to the sheer spectical of the sport. I would if i was not involved in the racing wathcing nitros racing would be more appealing than electrics, it will always attract a bigger crowd and potentally more members in my opinion. Electric was the thing years ago when that was the only option now there is another option and its much more exciting, move with the times boys.
HA HA, interesting thoughts for sure. Nitro is definitely NOT the future as you put it. Just a couple of negative points here that may make you retract the above comments.

1. Nitro is loud, smelly and certainly not relaxed. Its also the reason clubs loose their local tracks due to noise complaints. I do believe this is the reason your local club has got no track this season. So how does nitro help support your club then??

2.Most people only race nitro's outdoor during the summer, except fot the hardcore racer. So even if you get a full turnout during the summer months that's still only 50% of the year. And that doesn't include canceled meting's due to weather.

3.It may draw a bigger crowd as its more of a spectacle to watch, but exactly how much revenue does that bring in. Let me think......0. Nobody pays to watch the racing do they?

Lets not start to drive a wedge here between nitro and electric. We have to work together in our small region that is the WRCA. I personaly have done nitro and now electric, and i personaly prefer electric. But im certainly not going to bash nitro's as i can see why people enjoy them and its their choice to run them. So can we stop bashing electrics as they also bring in a large revenue to many clubs. In fact, aren't they the only revenue your local club currently has??

Jamie......
Old 25-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimatto View Post
£10 one class
£5 2nd class
£20 family entry (1 Adult and unlimited children as long as they are family, unlimited classes)
£5 junior per class
Great news Matt, let's see how this all works out.

I put a link on the Swansea club's forum to try and encourage constructive input from more nitro drivers. It seemed to work to start with as those of us who only race electric didn't understand why some things were as they were and why some of the ideas on here may not work.

I hope it can go back to being constructive as it seems as though the nitro & electric racers may need each other at present to make these race meetings viable.
Old 25-06-2010

OK gents I'm getting a bit pissed off with people slagging off each others methods of racing!!!!!

I race both electric and nitro and enjoy them both, they both offer different challenges.

If you lot want to argue on here and potentialy undo all the hard work people have put into the WRCA making it what it is today then fine...

So far I have run rounds 1 and 2 with help from the club members and at no point have I had these moans at trackside.

Please save it for the next AGM....
Old 25-06-2010

Don't know if your missunderstanding me just because I chose not to race electric does not mean I don't like and appreciate it, its each to his or her own thing. Everyone is after the same thing of a weekend, fun with big toys with the relaxed atomasphere thats needed on a warm summers day.
So as Matt has seemed to put together by listening to whats been said the recovery plan thats a lot of people will think is the answer, got to say it does sound good to me, sounds like it would be a very good way foward for the WRCA.
Untill the time when we can support a Welsh regeinol of around 80 drivers split between electric and nitro we stuck with eack other for the time being.
Old 05-07-2010

Send a message via ICQ to leepez

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomj316 View Post
^^^^Spot on Craig. Its impossible to run electric and nitro under the same rules, theres just to many differences. One of the main points which has been isued is the difference in track time.

Jamie.......
Take an example Nitro's have one 5 min practice round and three 5 min qualifiers and all finals being 20 mins.
Say you have a bad day's racing, with no end of problems with the car and you end up in the "E" final when you normally on average make the "A" finals.
The top two out of each final "bump up" into the next final so you win the "E" final bump up to the "D" final.
You then win the "D" and go up to the "C". If you work that out and eventually Bump up to the "A" Final with each final being 20 mins that is one hell of a days racing for a tenner!
Old 05-07-2010

I am pleased to see that the art of debate is still alive and well and very interested to see that we have some constructive result coming to gether with regard to the orginal thread and some of the offshoots.
The Wrca comitee has tried hard over many years to promote and improve racing in our region It has sometimes been an uphill struggle.
We all need to work togrther on these matters and i had hoped that we had put behind us the nitros /electric split and that we were all racers out to have fun and promote our region seems i was wrong however im sure we can sort things out in time until we can get to the situation where we have large enough numbers in both types of racing to allow seperate meetings we seem to be stuck with other .

in veiw of the comments and interest in just one or two topics then i hope this years Agm will be well attended just a little teaser the boys in swansea would like to hold it this year so look out for the time date and venue
Old 06-07-2010

thats all wales needs H, all clubs to work together
I'd love to see the region grow back to the scale it was when it was the welsh buggy league. Lets hope it can hey!
Old 07-07-2010

Don't think it can ever be that way again because of the fact we run different classes and we don't have the no.s in each class. When it was the Welsh buggy leauge there were all electric drivers thats all we had and thats all we did, now have ofus have moved to nitro so in my opinion this is why were not getting the no.s, they are there just racing different classes.
So unless we all stick together and appreciate and support each others chosen class how can we expect a full turn out?
This sport just needs to attract new members and keep doing big meets in public places, Nitro x for instance where the racing is taken to the public with the show and spectical of nitro. I know alot of you think it does not bring in new members but have any of you guys have any better ideas to do the same?
Don't see why you electric guys don't try the same and hold a uk regional in a big show and see if you can't pull off the same sort of thing.
Sorry i've driffted off topic with this one but just trying to round up the whole thread on a positive an understanding note, if you catch my drift.
Old 07-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Many moons ago Gwent Model Club used to hold a race at the Leukemia Rally (run each year at Tredegar House in Newport).

I went to the rally this year and was wondering about the possibility doing it again as it was always a blast. Normally held in September so not sure about the weather....
Old 07-07-2010

I think it was the weather and the fact that you needed towing out afterwards, that put paid to that one, Pete. Although aiming meetings to be held at auto shows is a good idea.
Old 07-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well, that and Gwent model Club being one of the casualties of the dropping numbers
Old 07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
Many moons ago Gwent Model Club used to hold a race at the Leukemia Rally (run each year at Tredegar House in Newport).

I went to the rally this year and was wondering about the possibility doing it again as it was always a blast. Normally held in September so not sure about the weather....
Yeh thats a really good idea, and that show pulls in huge crowds each year, with it being in September yes the weather could be a factor but think on the positive side
Pete, are you going to try & find contact details or I dont mind getting on to it
Losi 8ight 2.0 B e...in the making...Completed!!...sold
Caldicot Car Club
GNR Christmas bash winner 2009/2010 lol
Old 08-07-2010

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders

Is there another show in Chepstow this year that the lads from Cobra organised a few years back?

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 08-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balders View Post
Is there another show in Chepstow this year that the lads from Cobra organised a few years back?
Hi Mike

As far as I know the organisers who did the show we got involved with are not running the show again.

I have emailed the contacts recently to find out but have not had a reply.

Just for info we have spoken to the "Dubs at the Castle" organisers and they are interested in organising something for next year.

We were too late for the Tredegar House Show this year (and that one was cancelled anyway).

Roy

PS Should this now be another thread and not "WRCA Fees"
Old 08-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I contacted Chepstow earlier this year about it and they came back saying they've no plans for another show at present.

Roy, the Luekemia rally was moved to June this year, will be back to it's usual September from 2011.

I'd also contacted the Dubs people (as it's in Caldicot) I'll drop you a PM about it.

Methinks we need to co-ordinate a bit
Old 08-07-2010
Mad Member

On the ball Pete. Nice to see someone trying to organise some meets.

Some of these one-off events are good fun. The Chepstow meet for example was brilliant as there's something for the family to do whilst Dadi races.LOL

Jamie....
Old 08-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

New topic started for discussions around these events