Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 14-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Lets get them emails in, Heats will be sorted on the Friday before the meeting, any entries after then will be fitted in where we can!!
Old 15-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Entry sent
Old 15-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders

mine too

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 15-08-2011

just booked in
Old 15-08-2011

Default Entries

Thanks for the entries today, all received and booked in
cheers
dave
Old 16-08-2011

HI gents please could you confirm if you are running this on the field. if it's going to be on the astro me and reg will be giving this event a miss.

last year when you ran it on the field was one one of the best wrca events I had ever been to.

As this event is a regional it must be able to handle 10 cars on the track. Although I love what you have done at cobra and I appreciate the hard work put in. the astro track in my opinion is only a club track due to size.
Old 16-08-2011

Question REGIONAL TRACK SURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
HI gents please could you confirm if you are running this on the field. if it's going to be on the astro me and reg will be giving this event a miss.

last year when you ran it on the field was one one of the best wrca events I had ever been to.

As this event is a regional it must be able to handle 10 cars on the track. Although I love what you have done at cobra and I appreciate the hard work put in. the astro track in my opinion is only a club track due to size.

Hi Axeman,

Thanks for the comments about last years WRCA round
I love us having no restrictions on track size and layout by using the main field and would happily run on there but........

We are still unclear on where we will run the regional for a number of reasons.

1) If weather is bad then we cannot run on the main field with lots of real cars, wet grass and the gradient it will be a mud bath (let alone what our toy cars will do do it!!) and we cannot damage the field too much of we wish to continue using it

2) If numbers are low on last year like they were at caldicot then the work involved in sorting out the field will be alot for 20-30 racers which is the same numbers as our normal club days....

As regards track size , our area is larger than that used outside caldicot , which managed to run 10 car finals with some very tight sections well under regs with no complaints i believe. This is not a dig at caldicot mearly illustrating a point guys as i loved your wrca round

Ideally we would run on the grass, if we do we cannot setup the day before which means something like a 6am start to layout track , build rostrum etc as we will be missing a large number of club and committee members on holiday that weekend!.
Now if people are happy to come early and help us then we can seriously consider this so feel free to let me know if you can lend a hand (THIS APPLIES TO ANYBODY ATTENDING WHO WOULD PREFER THE MAIN FIELD)

We have run a poll and its pretty much split down the middle about using either surface so that didnt cast our decision for us lol!!

cheers

Dave and Cobra committee
Old 16-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I won't be entering till you decide which surface either, but I won't race the grass. Cobra never manage to cut the grass short enough for my liking, sorry.

Ps Caldi track was 2m min, measured all the way around.

Pps I'd be interested to measure your Astro and our grass as I had the same debate a few times. People keep saying Cobra is too small but ours is ok yet I am convinced your square footage is bigger.
Old 16-08-2011

I think they are very similar, where yours is longer but shallower to ours which is more square.
Old 16-08-2011

Entry submitted.

Team Losi Mini 8ight - Gen's Ace 1800mah Lipo // EZRun 35A ESC
Old 21-08-2011
Mad Member

Has the surface choice now been decided 100%, no-body was able to confirm today.

I believe there is an issue regarding help in the morning to mow and build the grass field, if so myself, James and Lee will volunteer to be there extra early and help set out on the grass if needs be.

I think the astro track is too small and too rough to run a decent sized meeting, there was close contact racing today at the super big Taly track, so cobra with its bumps and narrow lanes will be a nightmare.

As i say, if grass is an option then you have 3 volunteers here that will be there at whatever time to help if needs be.
Old 21-08-2011

martins coming aswell ??
Old 21-08-2011

Default Help offers

Guys really appreciate the offer of the help we may well still be able to run on the grass with a bit of luck
Old 21-08-2011

dave, stock up on spares for the SX3 spencer is smashing the shit out of his car

im not doing a bad job on mine mind! if schumacher seen me driving they will want me as a test pilot
Old 21-08-2011

Can I book in on the day? Hoping to get there, grass or astro.
(if astro is in same place as old track, I think smaller heats would be needed) not a dig as I loved that old track before
Old 21-08-2011

We should be able to accomodate on the day but you would be slotted in where there was space and possibly not based on talent tho
6-8 car heats are fine anymore is v.tight on the original area at heath, although the main field is a big blank canvass for a track

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
(if astro is in same place as old track, I think smaller heats would be needed) not a dig as I loved that old track before
Old 21-08-2011

Used to race on the big field years ago, it was bloody good
Old 21-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Andy, send me your details, I can put you in the system, just not book you in, saves work for me on the day
Old 21-08-2011

Exclamation Track Surface

Ok after some generous offers of extra pairs of hands and discussion as a committee we will be running on THE MAIN GRASS FIELD fro our regional round next week!!
Now this is aslong as it isnt hammering down with rain on the day of the regional- in which case we will run on the astrotrack.

I hope this will now encourage more people to enter and come down to an old school grass track with a few features
Old 21-08-2011

Sent, cheers Steve