Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
The only fair thing to do is reschedule at a larger venue! Put an end to this thread and move forward. START A POLL..GO WITH MAJORITY! END OF...
For the record Owen IS booked in

You wont mind to guarentee to cover the cost of the entry fees if we book a hall then loads don't turn up dave

Majority that havent booked in are micro who have another round open to them not the 10th drivers m8.......

2wd : AE - B6D
4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKOR33 View Post
You wont mind to guarentee to cover the cost of the entry fees if we book a hall then loads don't turn up dave

Majority that havent booked in are micro who have another round open to them not the 10th drivers m8.......
And why wouldnt they turn up Dave?
Old 12-01-2012

Is it not 2 out of 3 rounds to count then for the 1/10 ?

In theory, the best 2 rounds score ?
Old 12-01-2012

Ok then. We have had no warning about capped booking in. So no one knew to book in early.

So now i have over 10 members that i can think of now, who SHOULD be entering there reginal round in 2 weeks to score in the chamionship that they have started back in november. "but they cant" Now does that not tell you that there championship is ruined. Now im sure from that you see how it is ruined.
Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

Ok guys, I'm going to try and be diplomatic here.

Instead of focusing on what went wrong, and how it hasn't worked out to be fair to everyone, how can we resolve it. I have 3 options I'd like to put forward:

1. Cobra hosts their 1/10 wrca round in 2 parts, maybe 4wd/2wd one day, and perhaps micro on another date, or a combination of any classes spread over 2 days.

2. Cobra postpones their wrca round, and with the sudden surge in entries this would allow them to organize a larger venue to host ALL entries.

3. If its decided the wrca will go ahead this weekend, then take the top 12 from each class meaning a total of 36 entries so the people in contentance for the championship in each class have a fair chance to win.

If these options are ok with cobra, then perhaps a vote could be taken upon the outcome?
Old 12-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

As a club member of COBRA, using our previous venue would not happen, as financially, the club would take a large financial hit, to hire the venue for the Sunday, 9:30 (if they bother to open the doors then) till 5pm, plus 4 hours on the Saturday, we would be looking at least £350, then we have to transport our carpet, track markings, lap counting etc to there on the Saturday, and back again Sunday evening, sorry chaps, that ain't going to happen, at all.

The only possible option is splitting it over two weekends, but currently, we only have 6-7 micro's booked in, and that won't cover the cost of the new venue either.

As it stands, those who have done two rounds comes to 27, thats without looking to see if some of them have done two classes.
Old 12-01-2012

Shame its not Rocket Science i would be the best at it then

Cheers

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKOR33 View Post
Its not trashed read the post lol Its not rocket science like you said before

As regards 2wd pretty much the top 10 runners have entered we have 22 entries vs 26 for swansea round
I Cant see anybody who hasnt entered being able to affect the outcome due to points that have been scoRed already by the top ten vs the other people who have only done 1 round - check out the points table for your self!!!

So please explain how this is trashed

Old 12-01-2012

7 hours ago this capping come out! how long ago did you guys know you had a WRCA round??

this is CRAZY

im booked in, but i wont be going on my own so if the other swansea members that support the WRCA in every round cant go then im pulling out

you guys new months ago that you had a WRCA round, you cant go capping it now

as another member said on another WRCA post

SCRAP THE WRCA ITS A EMBARRASSMENT

i kinda guested this was going to happen, i was talking to a cobra member and he said you guys was looking to race mardave's because the hall is to small!

if this is the case why the HELL has cobra got a round?

dave, steve and the other members please dont take this the wrong way, as you can see there is a few members thats not happy about this short notice and to be fair its understanding

please let us know ASAP if this is going to change so i can pull my entry if the other boys are not going!!

all the best (i think your going to need it)
Old 12-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to jaysllim

y dnt u just drop the micros freeing up some spaces nd that way every class gets 3 rounds? just an idea
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysllim View Post
y dnt u just drop the micros freeing up some spaces nd that way every class gets 3 rounds? just an idea
drop the micros? you crazy or what? we get 3 heats of micros at swansea that a min of 30 entry's at £7 an entry (inless you entered 2 or more classes) £210 lost good 1
Old 12-01-2012

We got a total of 7 micro's booked in, as a club we get a rare view of a micro every now and then, but other than that, nothing. As for 30 micro's, so far, out of Swansea and Caldicot, only 12 people have done two rounds.

Lee, if your not racing, could you let us know, so we can allocate your place, I am sure there are others willing to take it.
Old 12-01-2012

thats been a great read!!!

Guppy I think I need to support your wife in the bedroom department, I don't think she could do it alone.

I'm booked in but will happily remove myself from the event as long as I get 99 points for the round as a good will gesture.

I do believe Jamie has hit the nail on the head of running it over two days.

WRCA 2WD indoor Champion
I AM A RACING GOD
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy44 View Post
drop the micros? you crazy or what? we get 3 heats of micros at swansea that a min of 30 entry's at £7 an entry (inless you entered 2 or more classes) £210 lost good 1

ye but they capped it so u wouldnt have got all that,nd steve just said theres only 7 micros so if u dropped em u get 7 more places towards the 10 guppy was on about,thats all i was saying but im stepping bk away coz i dnt need the hassle of some trying to make look stupid
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
We got a total of 7 micro's booked in, as a club we get a rare view of a micro every now and then, but other than that, nothing. As for 30 micro's, so far, out of Swansea and Caldicot, only 12 people have done two rounds.

Lee, if your not racing, could you let us know, so we can allocate your place, I am sure there are others willing to take it.
if there is only 7 entered thats 3 of us from swansea, i know of another 12 just from swansea that was planing on going but obviously CANT NOW

pull me out steve i cant see anything being done about this

thats my WRCA over this year thanks to short notice!

this could of been solved with NOTICE

disgraceful springs to mind
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysllim View Post
ye but they capped it so u wouldnt have got all that,nd steve just said theres only 7 micros so if u dropped em u get 7 more places towards the 10 guppy was on about,thats all i was saying but im stepping bk away coz i dnt need the hassle of some trying to make look stupid

i bet you if this had not been capped the micros would of been the bigger class so why not drop 4wd or 2wd??
Old 12-01-2012

because we only got 3 rounds not 4 like the micro's
Old 12-01-2012

Could you inform Pete Belsten then that you are withdrawing your entry, so the system can be updated.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Could you inform Pete Belsten then that you are withdrawing your entry, so the system can be updated.

NO he can find out on here
Old 12-01-2012

No probs, will let him know.
Old 12-01-2012

Daaa dummm... daaa dummm.. da dum da dum da dum... Wheres the handy oxygen cylinder and rifle ??

Apparently the pesky WRCA is to blame for the everything and needs to be blown up....

Sorry, im off again. Please continue
Closed Thread