Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 14-08-2015

Default Ride height on dex210 rtr

First off, I'm not very good with set ups or tweaking stuff. Only been racing 7 months with no previous experience. I bought the rtr as it seemed to be a decent starting point, then spent hundreds getting it up to spec, just fitted the +8mm ally chassis this week.
My question is about setting the ride height, I watched the official Durango video on it (adjust the springs) but doing this on mine still left me up in the clouds (about 28mm) Looking at some set up sheets for a base set up on astro ( for Batley regional at weekend) they seem to all run at 19/ 20 mm. Now I've managed to get my ride height down to this by using the droop screws to push the wishbones up. Can I do it this way or will it just drive like a dog? If not, how do I drop the ride height? Prob an easy answer but Im a bit clueless. So any advice guys?
Old 14-08-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

You can put shock limiters (washers) under the piston in the shocks itself to help with droop/ride height....

A good basic starting point will be to run wishbones level on the front and driveshafts level at the back...

Check this out....

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/

Last edited by Steven Forster; 14-08-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 14-08-2015
Mad Member

I don't know Durango set ups, but if the car is sitting at 28mm standard and even having the springs fully let out, will it not make the suspension "stiff" by forcing the ride ht lower. Does this not need softer springs?

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 14-08-2015

God Dex, I need a degree to understand all that lol. I have gullwing wishbones so not sure what's level, the washers on the shocks I've heard about before( jason asked how many i had in my yoko, i just shrugged lol) gone over my head, anyone know what part number it might be? Lol.
So what will what I've done do to the handling?
Old 14-08-2015

Ashlandchris, your guess is as good as mine. The standard springs are pretty soft, so it might work? I couldve hit the set up jackpot or more likely I'll pop like a jack in a box doing 40 down the straight. soon find out Sunday and its not a big job adding the droop back.
Old 14-08-2015
Mad Member

I'm just surprise that the car is sitting at 28mm on soft springs at full extension.

I race at Batley and though I am no "set up" expert, my standard kit Yoke yz2 only sits at ~18mm without any need to put limiters on. I'm surprised that a rango wouldn't be similar (as you say, most set ups suggest 19mm so the rtr would usually give a standard set up

Does car have batteries and all the other gubbins in when you measure it, and do you hold it 6inches from ground and allow it to drop and "settle" on a flat surface before measuring?

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...