Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 23-03-2014

Default Issues with HobbyKing deliveries?

I decided to try a HobbyKing servo as I had heard the quality was good and the prices low but I have had loads of problems with delivery.

They provide free delivery which is described as 6 to 39 day. I waited for a month before chasing them and from tracking details I could see the parcel had entered UK 10 days prior.

When I contacted them they did not have a clue where my parcel was, who the courier was or when it was going to be delivered. They suggested I go to my local post office or customs to see if my parcel was there!!

They also said the 39 day maximum was 39 working days and I needed to wait another month for delivery! I decided to request a Paypal refund as the longest time after purchase you can raise an issue is 45 days so outside their 2 month delivery window.

Am I alone in these troubles, just unlucky, or have others had issues getting parts delivered from them?
Old 23-03-2014

I have spent many hundreds of pound with Hobbyking and have waited from 7 days to 7 weeks for delivery. I have never had free delivery from them and I doubt you have, where goods get held up is in UK customs parcels can be there for weeks before they get round to releasing them. I know this does not help you but it is a fact.
Old 23-03-2014

I have ordered from hobbyking nearly a dozen times and received every single order.

Ordering from the uk warehouse takes less than 4 working days to receive through th post making sure the item you ordered is in stock. They have issued a tracking number every time using royal mail.

Also ordered frm hong kong and just recently from malaysia and has taken just over 2 weeks to arrive at the doorstep with no issues. They gave a tracking number which I could track it going through Malaysia airport and entering uk.
Old 23-03-2014

Yep, surprisingly delivery was free but maybe you pay for what you get, or don't get in my case.
Maybe i should try from their Uk distribution rather than from Malaysia which is where my delivery was from.
What courier do the Malaysian deliveries use?
Old 23-03-2014

I bought loads as well from the uk wharehouse.either parcel force 24 or 48 hour service for £3.65 depending on what u order. my sone has order frm there international wharehouse and had items delivered in 7 days. I would not give up yet but if you want it faster infuture I would recommend the uk wharehouse only.

http://www.westernvalleymodels.co.uk/

• TLR 22-4
  • TEAM C TM4
  • LOSI MINI 8 FULLY HOPPED UP
  • GT12 S1
  • HPI FIRE STORM
  • TRAXXAS KEN BLOCK GYMKANHA
  • Carisma Nissan Skyline GT
  • DJI P3
  • FIRDBIRD STRATOS
Old 23-03-2014
Mad Member

Hobbyking are based in Hong Kong, not Malaysia.
Unless they have a local warehouse there, in which case, they are unlikely to ship to the UK. (e.g. I can't order from the UK warehouse as I don't live in the right region)

Try plugging the shipment number into a few of the big parcel companies websites, and parcel force/post office. And FWIW, there is usually a link on your order page showing the courier company, they'll usually have info about who their international partners are.

And I've never seen free postage from them either..... You sure you ordered from hobbyking, and not a scam site!
Old 23-03-2014

Just checked and I did pay $5.99 for postage
Old 23-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Hobbyking are based in Hong Kong, not Malaysia.
Unless they have a local warehouse there, in which case, they are unlikely to ship to the UK. (e.g. I can't order from the UK warehouse as I don't live in the right region)

Try plugging the shipment number into a few of the big parcel companies websites, and parcel force/post office. And FWIW, there is usually a link on your order page showing the courier company, they'll usually have info about who their international partners are.

And I've never seen free postage from them either..... You sure you ordered from hobbyking, and not a scam site!

I have just received an item from malaysia and it wad initially tracked from that country using the pos Malaysia post and their tracking system.
Old 23-03-2014

The last 4 orders I have had were by Malaysian post with tracking No that I could never get to work but parcels arrived. I think Hobbyking are using different post as some companys will not take lipo batteries.
Old 23-03-2014

Default hobby king

I have ordered many lipos from the uk warehouse and never had a problem,always been delivered within a few days by DPD
Old 23-03-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Matt is right - there is no Hobbyking warehouse in Malaysia. There is Hong Kong (international), UK, Germany (EU), Ausie and US.
The courier used is prob Malaysia post, and might well have been through Malaysia but it definitely didn't originate there
Old 23-03-2014
Mad Member

I normally order from the UK warehouse only and the 48 hr service is pretty reliable.

BTW I've just ordered a motor from the EU warehouse and postage was actually £1 cheaper!. Not too bothered about delivery time but does anybody know how long it takes to deliver from that warehouse?