Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 07-01-2015
Mad Member

Default RCCAOI 1/10th Survey

Hi all,

I received a survey request from the RCCAOI this morning.
It's an anonymous survey, but I thought I'd put up the options I selected and maybe it will ignite some interesting debate....

1. How many rounds would you like to see in this years nationals?
Answer: 4

2. Would you be willing to attend rounds at BADMCC, (Banbridge, Dirt)?
Answer: Yes

3. Would you be willing to attend rounds at DMCC, (The Naul, Astro)?

4. Would you be willing to attend rounds at CRCCC, (Cork, Dirt) ?

5. Would you be willing to attend rounds at NNN (Navan, Astro) ?

6. Is there any other tracks you would like to see used?
Answer:
MODELTUNE RACEWAY (Portadown, Carpet)
RACEWAYONE (Dublin, Astro)

7. Would you prefer to see an open tyre choice where possible, i.e. No control tyre?
Answer: No

8. Have you any suggestions for how the 2015 nationals is run?
Please give us any ideas, suggestions or concerns that you may have regarding this years series. This is your chance to have a say!
Answer:

I'd hope that the series is run to the rulebook which is set by the RCCAOI AGM every year. The championship has not fully complied to the rulebook for at least the last six years. I think this is due to the rulebook not being amended fully for several years as technology and venues specifications changed. Every year there are rules which are discounted or ignored and sometimes even put to an illegal vote on the day. There is no mechanism in the rules for drivers to vote on the day so that the rulebook can be adjusted to suit the circumstances - the only rules which can be adjusted are those relating to health, safety and changes in legislation and they must be then ratified (passed) by the AGM at the end of the year. The problem with allowing voting on the day is you tend to get a result which is weighted towards the clubs which have the most drivers in attendance. I can give you an example - Round 4 of the 2014 championship voting was conducted to determine whether the start grid for the finals would be on a short straight leading into a hairpin or on the tracks main 1/8th track straight which was not in use as part of the 1/10th track that day. This vote should never have happened, the rule states that the first corner shouldn't be a hairpin and there was a viable option by using the main straight which would have offered a 90 degree left turn as the first corner - any complaints about its suitability should have been dealt with by the race director and then via a team manager meeting if necessary.When the championship was very successful 15+ years ago, if there was a problem on the day that threatened the smooth running of an event, a team managers meeting was always called, where one representative from each club came to an agreement on how to proceed - this was very acceptable. Back then the "home" club would generally have the largest representation and it would stop the locals steering the event to suit themselves by un-weighting the vote. In my opinion this is a much more appropriate and fair way to deal with unforseen problems at an event. On a personal note, RacewayOne has applied for affiliation to the RCCAOI for 2015 and the terms were agreed at the AGM. As per the rulebook, the section representative should be sending out a letter to the clubs to determine eligibility for hosting rounds of this year championship. If approved, we look forward to welcoming you all to our new venue in south county Dublin.

Regards,

William White
william.white@racewayone.com

Last edited by Legacy555; 07-01-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-01-2015
Mad Member

I would add is the Ballymena track (astro) to question number 6. I'd also like to see 2 rounds in the north of Ireland and 2 in the south.

Last edited by h0m3sy; 07-01-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: .
Old 07-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
I would add is the Ballymena track (astro) to question number 6. I'd also like to see 2 rounds in the north of Ireland and 2 in the south.
Historically, the amount of rounds were always divided in two with half in the north and half in the south. As 1/10th offroad's popularity declined and only one club equipped to run a national was left, this was no longer feasible. With the uptake in the class in Fivemiletown and Rennicks it may be feasible again soon.
Old 20-01-2015
Mad Member

Well everyone should hopefully have had a reply from Graham + Lee regarding the survey. I think the two men did a good job and its great to see the communication channels open.

Also good to see that some of the questions show that the wheel is coming full circle and with a little boost in numbers the series can enter what is hopefully a prolonged period of prosperity.