Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Andy, I could say, let me look, nope I don't have any minipins in my box of tyres, got plenty of spikes though.... so look, I am gonna have to go blow £20 before I even race.
But steve that would be your choice..What if i look in my box and all i have is pins?? Same difference..except that my pins(and total preferance of tyre)cant be used...
To repeat my first reply... this series is fantastic news and myself and owen as always will attend every round..Good job
Old 11-09-2010

Thumbs down

In your defence Mr Belston the deal was only discussed on wednesday and i wasnt going to say anything till i had spoken to your brother regarding the number of rounds so far agreed for the winter series Yes Mr thomas it was the fastrax mini spike at £ 5.00 a pair however as you feel there is an issue here then if everyone else agrees to use it perhaps we can allow you to turn on the rims along with messers williamson ans gooding [lol] But it would seem that , this and other decisions i have made this year doesnt seem to meet with some peoples approval So its open to debate in view of th eeconomic climate we are in and the fact that not every one has sponsorship and can get cheap tyres i thought this would be a good idea perhaps i was wrong and trying to promote the series and offer everyone an even playing field isnt what you drivers want
Old 11-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Agreed on the series. GREAT STUFF!!! It'll be great to get wales back into the offroad scene bigtime. Here's hoping the other clubs can/will come on board to make it a bigger series.
Nice Job Pete

open tyre steve, would mean we could use anything we have (apart from at cobra as in previous indoor seasons)

I love the even playing field idea H.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hywel View Post
In your defence Mr Belston the deal was only discussed on wednesday and i wasnt going to say anything till i had spoken to your brother regarding the number of rounds so far agreed for the winter series Yes Mr thomas it was the fastrax mini spike at £ 5.00 a pair however as you feel there is an issue here then if everyone else agrees to use it perhaps we can allow you to turn on the rims along with messers williamson ans gooding [lol] But it would seem that , this and other decisions i have made this year doesnt seem to meet with some peoples approval So its open to debate in view of th eeconomic climate we are in and the fact that not every one has sponsorship and can get cheap tyres i thought this would be a good idea perhaps i was wrong and trying to promote the series and offer everyone an even playing field isnt what you drivers want

The original problem/argument was that drivers had to use an outdoor tyre indoors and no exception. As most drivers use indoor tyres indoor and as a result have better traction thus basing setup and driving on what they know.
Now it seems that it was not just a stupid idea it was about a control tyre. Two very different matters i think
Old 11-09-2010

Maybe you guys should take over the running of the WRCA then? Cause to be honest, I really can't be arsed with it all any more, lets just hope you guys make it to the AGM then and make the electric presence at it....

Over and out.
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are mini spike carcuses cut and shut with pins allowed lol
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Maybe you guys should take over the running of the WRCA then? Cause to be honest, I really can't be arsed with it all any more, lets just hope you guys make it to the AGM then and make the electric presence at it....

Over and out.
Steve i have the utmost respect for your work within the wrca..This year has been awesome and a credit to all involved..As the initial thread stated that i have to buy 6 full sets of tyres(2 and 4 wd x2 for owen and 2x 2wd for me) of a compound and tread that i really dont want full stop. Just so our cars can wallow and understeer around a carpet track when i could purchase the correct tyres and enjoy our racing. thats a lot of money for the wrong tyres and that grieves me.
However, a control tyre(which i used at silverstone) and a level playingfield is a different matter....mainly because it has a purpose.
Old 11-09-2010

I am in the same boat though, Dave, with the three possibly racing, I will still have to shod their cars in tyres, then my 2wd and 4wd, but I would spend more on minipins for myself over the meetings than I would on the Fastrax.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
I am in the same boat though, Dave, with the three possibly racing, I will still have to shod their cars in tyres, then my 2wd and 4wd, but I would spend more on minipins for myself over the meetings than I would on the Fastrax.
A control tyre is a totally different matter as far as im concerned. Control the tyre and not the driver!
IMO..Its either one tyre for all or any tyre.
Old 11-09-2010

Old 11-09-2010

Only in wales
Old 11-09-2010

I still have no idea what your on about Dave, lol...... are you saying your up for a control tyre?
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
I still have no idea what your on about Dave, lol...... are you saying your up for a control tyre?
Yes... A control tyre has a purpose....Even playing field. Economical..
To tell me i can use any thing but the correct indoor tyre is madness and makes no sense at all.
Capish
Old 11-09-2010

funny thing is Dave Schumacher list the minipin as an offroad tyre on their website we have used both mini pins and mini spikes in the WRCA for many years so who,s to say which is correct the cars we use are designed to work off road and outdoors yet we run them on carpet wooden floors etc so compromises have to be made so the idea of "control tyre" was it would equally advantage or disadvantage everyone the same at a reduced cost plus the publicity on the cml website etc
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hywel View Post
funny thing is Dave Schumacher list the minipin as an offroad tyre on their website we have used both mini pins and mini spikes in the WRCA for many years so who,s to say which is correct the cars we use are designed to work off road and outdoors yet we run them on carpet wooden floors etc so compromises have to be made so the idea of "control tyre" was it would equally advantage or disadvantage everyone the same at a reduced cost plus the publicity on the cml website etc
Yes but irrelevant to my point, which has become lost within all this... ORIGINAL POST>>>NO MINIPINS>> No mention of control tyre.. All Myself and Owen have ever run on carpet is minipins(except cobra) and in my opinion are the only tyre for carpet(especially 2wd)
As it turns out the facts have changed to "control tyre!" which is a different matter...Which as i have already said i think is a good idea as its fair on the drivers and pocket.
But as originally posted No minipins but any spikes are ok just made no sense and as minipins would be my(and many others) first and last chioice for carpet it made no sense.
Hope that clears that up..
So..will i be the only driver on rims or can i still buy some fasties!!
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Golly gosh. Ok then...

Only 3 rounds - unfortunately we only have 3 indoor tracks in wales. Everyone run 2 rounds each? In an ideal world yes, but with 2 of the 3 clubs running micro nationals too this winter then it could be tricky (not ruling it out mind)

No Touring Cars - Not requested as a possible class, so wasn't added, sorry.

As I said originally, first time I've tried organising something like this, was keen to get the dates out there to get people interested. I'm sorry it's not to everyone's liking
Old 12-09-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

I would be happy with an open tyre rule for all events, and the exception of cobra for no pins...

In the end, most will run pins over spikes anyhow, and they do grip and last longer than spikes, but people can run spikes if they wish...

How about a handout tyre for those at cobra of the fastrax spikes as a compromise? Then i can turn up on the day glue some up and race? If its the last in the series then i will use the pins up in the first few meetings anyway, so will boil the tyres off ready for the last round.

How about this?

Mark
Old 15-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

A quick updated. The Cobra round on 23rd January is in the process of being rescheduled as the original date clashed with the re-arranged BRCA winter indoors championship at Hereford.

In my defence, the BRCA news section wasn't updated with the new date when I was checking for clashes (it was originally the week after).

As soon as I have confirmed dates I will update the first post.

Aside from the date, there are still some details I am trying to iron out and will wait until they are complete before updating everyone.
Thanks
Old 24-09-2010

Hi Pete, Not sure if you are aware as i havent read the whole thread, but the Caldicot round on the 19th Dec clashes with Round 6 of the COBRA Indoor series?

Please Click Here to view my Trader Feedback
Old 24-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Ben, I believe that it's a provisional date on their website. You need to check with them for details.

Can advise that the date for the Cobra round has been confirmed as 20th February.