Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 20-04-2017

Default Team Durango DEX410R

So I have recently spotted out a Team Durango DEX410R which I fancied buying. I would like to use it as my race RC car. Is it any good for it?

I'm new to Buggy racing I always run SCTs at my track so don't know much/anything about buggies. So some advice is very helpful.

The guy says it has thick carbon fibre shock towers front and back, Tekin RS Pro, Trackstar 6,5T sensored motor. 21t pinion, and a Sanwa/Airtronics FHSS-2 2.4GHz receiver. He said he would also throw in a tekin 13.5T motor as well.

If I brought this to the track would it be a good competitor to Schumacher Cougars, KF2s and xrays? I can spend some money on it to fix it. And how much do you think is a good price for it all?
Old 21-04-2017
Mad Member

I'm a big fan of the durango brand (i have 3 of them) but spares availability is criminally bad at the moment. Any breakages will see you grubbing around on the net looking for parts. Which may or may not even exist anymore.

There have been a lot of rumours around Team Durangos suppliers, basically that they went bankrupt, so as far as anyone knows, no parts are being fed into the supply network.

No one from Durango has made any sort of a statement one way or the other regarding this, and FWIW, no one from Durango has said *anything* on social media for an age.

If i was you, i'd give it a miss.
Old 21-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
I'm a big fan of the durango brand (i have 3 of them) but spares availability is criminally bad at the moment. Any breakages will see you grubbing around on the net looking for parts. Which may or may not even exist anymore.

There have been a lot of rumours around Team Durangos suppliers, basically that they went bankrupt, so as far as anyone knows, no parts are being fed into the supply network.

No one from Durango has made any sort of a statement one way or the other regarding this, and FWIW, no one from Durango has said *anything* on social media for an age.

If i was you, i'd give it a miss.

I would have to disagree! My local shop Apex Models actually has so many parts. I'm not sure about upgrades for Team Durango buggies though.

Here is a link for the shop and search up 'Dex410' and lots of parts come up for the DEX410 & DEX410.

Thanks for the advice though I really appreciate it.
Old 21-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAly View Post
I would have to disagree! My local shop Apex Models actually has so many parts. I'm not sure about upgrades for Team Durango buggies though.

Here is a link for the shop and search up 'Dex410' and lots of parts come up for the DEX410 & DEX410.

Thanks for the advice though I really appreciate it.
Most if not all of those parts are "out of stock". I think you would be best to pass on it unless it comes with lots and lots of useful spares.
Old 21-04-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAly
I would have to disagree!
I'm well aware of Apex and how good they are at listing stuff thats out of stock.
Its bad enough that i don't/won't use them anymore. It's too much of a pain trawling through every item. They aren't they only ones who do this either.

For reference, there is this thread
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184219
And one of the team durango groups on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamdurango/
Which refers directly to the bankruptcy of kingstar and one of the (ex) team drivers (Travis Amezcua) confirms it. Post is from Feb 24th i think.

If you don't have a confirmed supply of in stock parts. I'd not do it.

I've got enough parts to keep me going for this season. Despite this i'm probably going to get myself an SDX4 at some point during the summer, depending on how my stock of spares goes........

Last edited by mattr; 21-04-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 21-04-2017

Do most DEX410 parts fit the DEX410R? If so EBAY has many parts..

Apart from that you are correct :/ Maybe i'll give it a pass
Old 21-04-2017
Mad Member

Yeah, probably 90% of the DEX410 parts (2010, R, V2/3/4/5) are interchangeable. It's been evolution rather than revolution. V5 is probably the least compatible (the whole back end has changed). And that's the "current" car.

eBay is *possibly* full of people dumping kit they no longer need/want as they are ditching Team Durango. Should give enough parts, as long as you don't mind getting the odd pup.

You tried asking at your local club? Most clubs have a steady stream of spare cars, second and third hand kit popping up most weeks.

Also, if it's a common car at the club, lots of people will a) be able to advise on set up b) have lots of spares and c) be around to help any issues with whatever they've sold you!