Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 22-08-2018
Mad Member

Default Club section cleaned up. !!!!!! ''

One of the club's I created a page for has been hidden because it's not been posted on for a while, the whole idea of the club section to me was to let people know where they can find clubs, now it's not on there nobody will see it,!!

When I go on holiday in the uk I like to look in the club section to see if there are any clubs near where I'm staying and take a car with me and try out that club, if the club is not in the club section how will I know there is a club there, ????

I thought the club section was to promote clubs not hide them if they havnt been posted on for a while,

Why not put those clubs back and clean up the trade section, there's thousands of posts on there that are out of date and not needed any more,

I can find an item that was sold 2 years ago but I can't find a club that's still running,

What's that about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22-08-2018
Mad Member

It's a shame it's not working for you rondoolaa, but even I can see that lots of clubs closed, moved or changed name over the years. (not to mention shops)

Here's three other listings, I like the central booking one (easy postcode search for registered and logged-in members), but even that lists old clubs.

Schumacher
RCmap
CentralBooking

I don't envy any one who tries to maintain these lists, and so many only want facebook now.
Old 22-08-2018
Mad Member

It is a shame but I just can't get my head around why they would hide a club that's still running that only had about 10 posts yet leave hundreds of sold item posts up, the club's removed that are still running probably only took about a 50th of space on the servers that all the sold items and wanted and now sorted are taking up on them
Old 22-08-2018

I think its more to do with tidying up the forum index rather than trying to reduce server storage.

Here's the original announcement:

http://www.oople.com/forums/announcement.php?f=4

I'm sure if you still want your club to be displayed just send Oscar a PM.
Old 22-08-2018
Mad Member

Thanks for the reply's but I would rather they contacted the people who started the club pages to ask if it's still a running club and if they don't get an answer after say 14 days then remove the club, not just remove it because it's not been posted on for a while, and disregard the club's that have been hidden.

If its not space then why do it and again why not clear up the trade section instead, it would create a lot more room and leave the running clubs there,

If its to clean up the forum index they could just have a folder saying clubs and put all the club's in there as sub folders

Last edited by rondoolaa; 22-08-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 22-08-2018
Super Moderator

Hi, you do realise the owner of this forum died a number of years ago?

It's now maintained by volunteers who try their best in their own free time to sort people's issues out with the forum, stop it from being hacked and generally try their best.

I'm sorry it's not up to your high standards, please feel free to vote with your feet.

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 23-08-2018
Mad Member

Perhaps rondoolaa or another volunteer could contact these clubs that are still running and ask them to post occasionally in the section. (tho I think enough notice was given before the cull)

When oOple was started it was the only place to go for british clubs & racers, everyone wanted a club listed and sometimes it seemed like it would never happen, but Jimmy got on it sooner or later. Things have changed, clubs have web sites or facebook pages, find them if you can.

We all appreciate the volunteers who help maintain and run oOple, many many thanks.
Old 25-08-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 View Post
Hi, you do realise the owner of this forum died a number of years ago?

It's now maintained by volunteers who try their best in their own free time to sort people's issues out with the forum, stop it from being hacked and generally try their best.

I'm sorry it's not up to your high standards, please feel free to vote with your feet.
Yes I know the owner passed away,
Why would you even bring that up,

What has it got to do with clubs being removed that are still in operation,

It was a legitimate question,
Old 25-08-2018

I think ultimately fair warning was given, if you saw this you should have posted in your club section, if you didn't see it and your club was removed you should have questioned it with admin rather than coming on ranting and raving. If your club is still active and has members there would be some chatter or BS or a calender posted from time to time!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----