Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 24-03-2017
Mad Member

Rumour is that their plastics manufacturer (KingStar) went under late last year.

And apparently KingStar own the molds. So it really really doesn't look good.
This is on the Team Durango group on facebook. Might be time to start bundling up and selling my spares!!
Old 24-03-2017

I never heard Kingstar owned the molds before. Its bad news if they do (kinda odd though for something like this) but a lot of the Arrma 1/8 cars share molds with the durango 1/8 line, so I'm sure theres more to the story. Hobbico could probably buy the molds if this is in fact the case
Old 24-03-2017
Mad Member

The times I've seen it done is usually a temporary thing. I guess TD would've planned to eventually buy them.
And the KS/TD deal would probably have been done before ARRMA and Hobbico were on the scene.

And just buying the molds is only half the story, need to know all the parameters etc which *might* be KS IP.

Who knows. I don't.

And TD are being/have been very quiet.
Old 07-04-2017

http://www.arrma-durango.com/
Old 07-04-2017
Mad Member

Whut?

That's been there 5 years according to whois.
And Arrma bought durango ages ago.
Old 18-08-2017

Default it's over...

By Aaron Waldron
LiveRC.com
After the Team Durango brand suffered a decline in business over the last couple of years, Hobbico has decided to terminate the product line and will deplete existing stock. The ARRMA brand, however, remains healthy and will continue.
At 2 PM CT, the Facebook page Track13News (https://www.facebook.com/track13news) posted the following:
“Due to market conditions, the Team Durango product line has been discontinued and we will receive no further product shipments. (We do have some parts inventory remaining and available for a limited time.) We thank all Team Durango customers and team members for their dedication to Team Durango. NOTE: THE ARRMA BRAND is growing quickly and unaffected.”
It's unclear where the statement came from. I reached out to Hobbico spokesperson Natalie Rodrigues, who confirmed the decision via email, saying:

"Thank you for reaching out to inquire more about the status of Team Durango. As you know, we're always striving to develop new products to service our customers with a broader range of diverse and innovative vehicles. With that said, the Team Durango product line has been discontinued and we will receive no further product shipments (we do have some parts inventory remaining and available for a limited time).
We are excited to introduce new vehicles from our other established brands in the future. We thank all Team Durango customers and team members for their dedication to Team Durango.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions and stay tuned for lots of good things to come!"
Old 18-08-2017
Mad Member

Since Hobbico has several brands that do have a good reputation, it does feel like the management just let it bleed to death... That, and maybe KingStar's bankrupcy was the final nail in the coffin. Luckily sales were so poor there are still spares around at hobby stores that couldn't get rid of the parts. Maybe their luck will change when the last few dozen people left in the world running these cars stock up on spares

Also, something in me tells me that a mint or NIB DEX410 (v1) will be a future classic. I sold my shelf queen a few years ago for a measly 150 quid, looking back on it that probably was the worst time to sell it, lol!

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 18-08-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 18-08-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Since Hobbico has several brands that do have a good reputation, it does feel like the management just let it bleed to death... That, and maybe KingStar's bankrupcy was the final nail in the coffin. Luckily sales were so poor there are still spares around at hobby stores that couldn't get rid of the parts. Maybe their luck will change when the last few dozen people left in the world running these cars stock up on spares

Also, something in me tells me that a mint or NIB DEX410 (v1) will be a future classic. I sold my shelf queen a few years ago for a measly 150 quid, looking back on it that probably was the worst time to sell it, lol!
Can you convert your FF210 to use parts from another brand?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 18-08-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Can you convert your FF210 to use parts from another brand?
For the shocks, driveshafts and even the differential there seem to be alternatives that are either a straight fit or fit with very small alterations (=using different ball bearings or using some shims/spacers here and there).

That leaves pretty much only the slipper assembly, gear casing and idler. For these parts it seems customizations are required, and that will take some time.

Rest assured, we won't abandon our customers, and as soon as I know for sure which parts fit, this will be shared.

Old 18-08-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
For the shocks, driveshafts and even the differential there seem to be alternatives that are either a straight fit or fit with very small alterations (=using different ball bearings or using some shims/spacers here and there).

That leaves pretty much only the slipper assembly, gear casing and idler. For these parts it seems customizations are required, and that will take some time.

Rest assured, we won't abandon our customers, and as soon as I know for sure which parts fit, this will be shared.
Yeah good call. Best of luck. I have seen a few running locally and they go great, certainly in the wet against regular 2wd cars.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 18-08-2017

Does anyone know of any shops who may still have some kits. I would love a 210 v3. ?
Old 22-08-2017

I have a v3 that i built rear motored. Used it 4 times. Maybe sell for the right price. Make me an offer.
Tamiya M06 low rider pumpkin
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 22-08-2017

Pics ?
Old 23-08-2017

T2 shop in Germany just sold three for 100 euros each. Don't know if they have any more
Old 24-08-2017
Mad Member

T2Shop is sold out, but I wouldn't be surprised if other hobby stores follow in their footsteps...

Old 27-08-2017

Ran my dex210f on Friday night on carpet. Not used it in some time as I have lots of other cars. It was really good. I am going to run it regularly so I hope I can accumulate some spare parts for it. I'll do my bit to keep Durango alive lol.
Old 27-08-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
Ran my dex210f on Friday night on carpet. Not used it in some time as I have lots of other cars. It was really good. I am going to run it regularly so I hope I can accumulate some spare parts for it. I'll do my bit to keep Durango alive lol.
Too late lol
Old 28-08-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindles69 View Post
I have a v3 that i built rear motored. Used it 4 times. Maybe sell for the right price. Make me an offer.
And so it begins lol
Old 28-08-2017

Price and pics ?
Old 15-01-2018

Default hobbico file for bankruptcy!?

Do you think, that this can have any positiv effect for Team Durango, or even worser?

http://www.redrc.net/2018/01/hobbico...or-bankruptcy/

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/