Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 09-02-2014

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb
Default Cobra XrayJB4

Here are the first pictures of the prototype Cobra,apart from the obvious chassis change we have made other alterations that we feel will benefit the car,the kick up is now 19 degrees so with the hub options you can have an overall of 25 and 30 degrees,the biggest change made to the car is the chassis is 8mm shorter than the kit,hope you like what see and updates will posted here and on our facebook page as testing starts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140209_002.jpg (156.2 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140209_004.jpg (166.8 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140209_006.jpg (176.9 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140209_008.jpg (167.2 KB, 178 views)
Old 10-02-2014

Is there going to be a shell for it similar to the stock 4wd as i really like that shape
Old 10-02-2014

That you will have to check with steve at penguin about,im sure he will be working on more shells and already has a few different variations that will fit
Old 11-02-2014

The finished car ready for sunday at coventry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140211_001.jpg (147.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140211_002.jpg (148.9 KB, 54 views)
Old 13-02-2014

Looks good. Although there does not appear to be much space for the prop in the slipper outdrive.

Is there any plans to put a proper 2wd front end on?
Old 13-02-2014

There is more than enough room for the slipper outdrive and centre shaft as there is still movement,i can also adjust where the the outdrive sits,the transmission is super smooth and no binding with chassis flex,have no fear its sorted.

I wont be using a different front end off another brand but i do have someone working on a custom front bulkhead so i can use all xray parts on it
Old 13-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What grade of alloy is the chassis made of?
I'd be looking to run a top deck with that to help prevent chassis tweeks.
My experience making centro chassis' tell me that you'll have problems with this bending.

It does look good though.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-02-2014

none of our chassis's have had any issues with tweaking,our durango car runs no top deck and no problems at all,i have a range of decks being made at the minute but purely for tuning,also out new yokomo max3 wont run a top deck and testing with that has been the same with no issues
Old 13-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post
none of our chassis's have had any issues with tweaking,our durango car runs no top deck and no problems at all,i have a range of decks being made at the minute but purely for tuning,also out new yokomo max3 wont run a top deck and testing with that has been the same with no issues
Sure, ok. What grade of Alloy are you using?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-02-2014

That's the only thing nobody but us knows,we have spent alot of time and money getting this alloy right so no disrespect with the work we have put in im not going to make anyone else's job easy,all i will say this alloy wont fail and even our centro chassis had no issues tweaking and needed no side braces
Old 13-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post
That's the only thing nobody but us knows,we have spent alot of time and money getting this alloy right so no disrespect with the work we have put in im not going to make anyone else's job easy,all i will say this alloy wont fail and even our centro chassis had no issues tweaking and needed no side braces
It ain't pig iron is it jase
Old 13-02-2014

OH well done Rob now everyone knows the secret is out
Old 03-03-2014

So what are the benefits of this conversion over the standard xb4?
Old 03-03-2014

The benefits are depending on how you look at it,being 8mm shorter the car is more agile but a bit more of a handful over the std car as i found that to be lazy and dosile,that's my personal thought others prefer a car that is dosile,reducing the front kick up gives you a more commonly used
castor option compared to what the kick up of the std chassis does,moving the servo into the centre of the car gives a more balanced weight distribution and it looks right,the cobra chassis layout is along the lines of the other brands of shaft drive car which seems to be the preferred choice of what works best,the biggest advantage of all is personally for me in a selfish way,i didn't like the car as it was so it was change it or sell it,we changed it i renamed it job done.
Old 22-03-2014

Is there going to a JB4 4WD?
Keep the standard shell and eveything just a shorty layout like the tm4
Old 22-03-2014

There are plans for some 4WD Cobra's later on,as for which cars will be used i haven't decided yet,first things once were back off holiday is finish some orders then the V2 2WD cars.