Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 20-05-2012

Default Results from today's racing at DMS

The full results from todays racing are on-line

Go to www.dmsresults.co.uk

Click on the Regional Results & Standing link

Then click on DMS 2WD Regional 2012
Old 20-05-2012

Today was sooooooo close just to make the A. I can't believe over 3 legs it finished as it started apart from Me and Kev H! B*****D
Old 20-05-2012
SHRCCC Legend

FTD today then, no round by round?
Old 20-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
FTD today then, no round by round?
Yep

There was a few questions raised this morning when we went FTD and we put it to the vote which saw a few opposed to it, but RBR was always designed for tracks that would perish (or indeed get faster) as the day went on - which this didnt and almost never does, and also outdoor venues where good old mother nature can intervene and play her part, which indoors it cannot, so that is what we opted for.

The end result, some VERY (and I mean VERY) close racing, nail biting right up to the end of the very last qualifier (with Scott Faulkner just edging out Steve Ibbotson by 0.01 of a sec!!! to snatch the 10th A final spot).

Being the only track on the curcuit this year that is "not" astro it is the most alien surface to the racers, so the fact they only had to find "one" good fast 5 minute run rather than two good fast consistent ones "should" (in theory) of been easier, plus we also got see what was the "fastest" 10 drivers in the A today and not the 10 most consistent (which RBR gives you).

Plus the A final had 4 people on their round 2 time, one on their round 3 time and 5 on their round 4 time, showing that A final pace was their all day long on the track. In fact across the whole field in 2wd, 10 people were quickest in round 1, 21 in round 2, 20 in round 3 and 32 in round 4, showing again that the track could run quick all day........
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
Today was sooooooo close just to make the A. I can't believe over 3 legs it finished as it started apart from Me and Kev H! B*****D
I forgot to mention that, apart form Kev Lee and Glenn Westwood, who were the only two people to get 19 lappers, 18 laps stretched form 3rd in the A to 6th in the B, 17 lappers from 7th in the B to 10th in the D, 16 lappers from 1st in the E to 9th in the F, 15 lappers from 10th in the F to 10th in the G with 7 more then on 14 laps, 4 on 13 laps and 2 on 12 laps.

One simple error saw you often fall a whole final or more.............
Old 20-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
One simple error saw you often fall a whole final or more.............
Yup...dont i know it!

Super close racing today and the A final made some great viewing! Well done to all!!
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Had a great time at the DMS regional and it was fair to put it to a drivers vote even if FTD did not suit me Strange about the tyre issue but the only track I have raced on which mini pin were any good was Belgium GP. Well done to everyone who put in a lot of hard work and effort to make it all happen!

Darren, seems like there is a bug in the results as the link to the finals keeps taking you to the heats again. I think this was a bug in the 2006 version of BBK and was fixed in the newer versions 2011-1 being the latest.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
Darren, seems like there is a bug in the results as the link to the finals keeps taking you to the heats again. I think this was a bug in the 2006 version of BBK and was fixed in the newer versions 2011-1 being the latest.
Is that only from the Heats page, meetings index goes to finals, and finals works from the first page, results index takes you round in a circle, but not sure where its sposed to go. Just trying to say they are there.

Great work getting them up so quickly
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Well done to Telstar Racing team drivers Paul Upton and Scott Faulkner for making the A final, and Thomas Clements for finishing E4. Great results!
Old 21-05-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Well done to Telstar Racing team drivers Paul Upton and Scott Faulkner for making the A final, and Thomas Clements for finishing E4. Great results!
Thomas did really well yesterday, his driving in the first few heats was excellent, credit to him for all the extra marshalling he did as well
I feel he has a very bright future ahead of him
Well done to Scott & paul as well
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Is that only from the Heats page, meetings index goes to finals, and finals works from the first page, results index takes you round in a circle, but not sure where its sposed to go. Just trying to say they are there.

Great work getting them up so quickly
Oh I know they are there it was just an observation and I really am impressed that they got the results up so quick, good work!

All It was when i was in the heat results and click the finals index the link is to heats and not finals as it is when you are at the main index level that was all.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 21-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Had a great time at the DMS regional and it was fair to put it to a drivers vote even if FTD did not suit me .
I personally totally disagree with the drivers voting for the format of racing.
Half the drivers and I mean half the field did not even know the difference between FTD and Round by Round. And over 60% have never raced there before. Some 10 juniors too. There were many that really didn’t even know what the letters FTD stood for.
Now I am very old fashioned and grew up with FTD and on certain tracks I wish they did that but indoors on a tight track with very little overtaking area, in my opinion it was wrong.
And Darren before you jump, J the fact is also simple that the best run HAD to be done in the last round as proved by Kev and Glen in the last heat setting the fastest time of the day by a long way (Kevs time) ..... I will also point out Darren that other drivers were on to improve their times too but obviously made errors hence their non improvement (me one of them).
The FTD basis is great on a consistent outdoor track to find out the real quick guys but NOT on an indoor track of 15sec laps.

By the way the track was nice but for me not FTD
Please don’t shoot me down for giving an honest opinion otherwise I just won’t give you an opinion LOL
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Oh I know they are there it was just an observation and I really am impressed that they got the results up so quick, good work!

All It was when i was in the heat results and click the finals index the link is to heats and not finals as it is when you are at the main index level that was all.
Just trying to see where the link was/is missing Grant, was looking at the finals earlier so surprised when I saw your post. gets better and better this midsouth shizzle
Old 21-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Please don’t shoot me down for giving an honest opinion otherwise I just won’t give you an opinion LOL
Yeh right!

Amazing how things bite you in the backside Tone as I think RBR would've put me 2nd so wouldn't have been held up by you in the finals! lmfao!!!!
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Just trying to see where the link was/is missing Grant, was looking at the finals earlier so surprised when I saw your post. gets better and better this midsouth shizzle
If you goto http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/regional...tg16/heats.htm on this page the Final Results link links to the heats and the Meeting index link links to the finals which is what I was pointing out. I think this maybe a BBK bug rather than being a Mid South/DMS issue. As I have said before it is great to see the results up so fast and I just noticed a slight issue that was all.
Old 21-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
Yeh right!

Amazing how things bite you in the backside Tone as I think RBR would've put me 2nd so wouldn't have been held up by you in the finals! lmfao!!!!
LOL

We all have opinions, Tony has and indeed "had" his on the day, I had mine and everyone else did too - thats all good!!

Down to me, FTD plain and simple, always has been, most likely always will on that track, simply because it DOES work, but we asked the crowd and of the "6" juniors, 1 voted RBR and 5 voted FTD, even if you take those six out (or even if they ALL voted RBR), we still had 85+ "adults" who voted with a large majority for FTD.

Both Kev and Glenn were capable of doing fast laps "all day" in fact if you take Kev's best laps, in round 1 he did a 15.67, round 2 a 15.92, round 3 16.00 and round 4 15.73, similiar for Glenn, with 16.38, 16.54, 16.42, 16.13 in his four runs, the story is the saem all the way down the heat listings - the track got no faster or no slower all day - FACT!!! In fact in round 3 before he broke Kev was on for a better time than he got in round 4 at one point about 2 minutes in. The "honest reason" why some people (only about a 1/3rd of all those racing) got their best in round 4 is because you have learnt the lines etc on the track and had all day to perfect your setups etc.......

Basically that ends all of the speculation, talk and debate really on if FTD or RBR was right, the track was no different from round 1 to round 4 and for that reason was perfect for FTD, simples, now we can all move on to the next topic you all want to debate about ;-)

Edit - just to add....

Tight track? It was 3 meters wide everywhere (4 meters off the end of the straight) except for it being narowed to 2.8m on some of the jumps (the width of the timber we used to make them).

No overtaking? There was LOADS of awesome and clean overtaking moves in all heats and finals all day long......

15 second laps? Only for the very special guys, most mere mortals were 16-17 seconds plus, which for an indoor track (and many outdoor tracks too for that matter) is a very respectable lap time. Kev was doing 17 second laps at the regional at Stotfold two weeks ago!!

On the plus side, great, close nailbiting racing right until the end (no pre-witten or guarrenteed A finalalists after just 3 rounds here), we all stayed warm and dry all day and the curry was lovely too!! LOL

Last edited by Darren Boyle; 21-05-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added a bit
Old 21-05-2012
Mad Member

Driver's will the majority of the time will go for FTD, it takes the pressure off as they only need one good run. With round by round you have to be more consitant through out the day, be wary of not breaking the car and get enough runs under the belt to gain a good score.

My view is:

Club Meetings: FTD
All day meetings (inc Regionals/Nationals): Round by Round

I also think that if it's a series such as a regional/national then all venues should use the same format.

Buy hey that my opinion only and from what I hear it was still an excellent day.
Old 21-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Oh Darrem Darren.....
Love you so much.....
Kev TQed by 10 secs of his own time in round 4
I am sure he was more than capable in round 1, 2 or 3
Glen did his fastest time in round 4 and he had clean runs in most rounds and stayed on his quick 18 lapper.
Myself and Matt missed 19 lappers by I think 5/100 of a sec or something like that!!
Many many were going quicker in round 4 but on a FTD basis is who can keep it on its wheels rather than acccurate consistent driving
Leg 3 of the A Final I did a 15.66 lap (lap 16 for your info) - that really makes a statement that the track got quicker and quicker mate...

Many didn't even know what FTD stands for
I am trying to be constructive and you should know that.......
Old 21-05-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Oh Darrem Darren.....
Love you so much.....
Kev TQed by 10 secs of his own time in round 4
I am sure he was more than capable in round 1, 2 or 3
Glen did his fastest time in round 4 and he had clean runs in most rounds and stayed on his quick 18 lapper.
Myself and Matt missed 19 lappers by I think 5/100 of a sec or something like that!!
Many many were going quicker in round 4 but on a FTD basis is who can keep it on its wheels rather than acccurate consistent driving
Leg 3 of the A Final I did a 15.66 lap (lap 16 for your info) - that really makes a statement that the track got quicker and quicker mate...

Many didn't even know what FTD stands for
I am trying to be constructive and you should know that.......
Dude, just leave it there (to be honest it should have been left in the hall last night)

Edit ....Cant be bothered to debate a topic as stupid as this, look at the facts, they will give you the correct answers you are missing.
Old 21-05-2012

My thoughts are, as soon as we started at Torch that should be the format for the year, irrespective of track, club runner or weather. RBR.
It stops all the "well at Torch if it had been FTD then I'd of been in the A" talk.

There seems to be a lot of talk on the forums before the series started to get the dates for these meetings etc maybe the rules should be looked at too.

This is the first BRCA sanctioned meeting that has scruitineering, that I am aware of or been part of, that a car that doesn't fit cleanly in the scruitineering box is agreed to be acceptable for racing.

Rules are rules. Or Are they

It could be seen by some that rules are there for when it suits. What will happen if certain tyres are the ones to run at other tracks, will we agree to bend the rules on that day too.

I know I'll be shunned and stoned for these comments but hey it's an opinion.