Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 31-12-2012

Default Merc w208(2000)clk autogear box problem

Hi was wondering if there are any mechanics on here who could help me out.

My car was stuck in park so I removed all the covers to gain access to the brake switch but it was not stuck and the brake lights where working fine. I was advised by a colleague that there was a small gateway by the transmission lever where you could insert small screwdriver to 'cheat' the switch and get the car into drive. I did this and car drove fine for 10k to work. After parking up next tme I came to drive it was still stuck in park and I had to cheat it one more time and then the problem disappeared. I pressumed switch was broken and ordered new one.

Before switch came the car was parked up for a week in heavy snow/ice. Ran the car for half hr to thaw it out car went into drive fine but wouldn't change gear, I presume it's stuck in limp home mode but lcd indicator doesn't work so not sure what gear it is in. Also when tried to go from drive to park the selector will not go past reverse unless I rock car slightly. Car will go from park to drive but always same problem going back to park.

Is this likely to be issues with soft or hard codes or something more serious, thanks Andy