Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 27-04-2016

Default B5M Laydown

Hi everyone, I've been away from RC for over 20 years - can you help me out? This is a great community here.

I got myself a 2nd hand b5m lite and my 5yr old son a CentroC4.2.
I'm still a bit rusty and need to get some practice in which I know is what will bring my laptimes down. But Im interested in the future of both cars, as I want a clear upgrade path and don't want to spend lots on a car that has no future.

I'm also interested in the future with the development of the lowrider gearbox. I noticed that associated have leaked some shots of their prototype gearbox for the B5m. Team Associated B5M ‪3 gear laydown‬: the ‪stealth‬ is back!

http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/04/26/t...80%AC-is-back/

It looks like they have developed the red-workshop gearbox. Can anyone tell me how it is different from the red-workshop gearbox? I know it's difficult from these shots. Also I know with the RedWorkshop laydown requires the standard B5m chassis (not lite). Does this look like Associated's new gearbox won't need a new chassis? Are there any other differences you can spot?

Also, what is your opinion on the CentroC4.2? I'm wondering when he improves a bit if it is worth switching him to a B5m too, so we can run the same spares and it will help make it easier to setup both.

Duncan Pole
www.glasgowrc.com

ae B6.2 & B6.2D
ae RC10 Team Car (original black tub version)
Sanwa - Reedy - Savox - Hobbywing - Centro - THR

If I have any stuff for sale you will find it here:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/duncanglas...1&_ipg=&_from=
Old 28-04-2016

Hi Duncan

Welcome back, I'm similar, been back about 3 years now : )

There's a whole other thread on the new car/transmission here:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178454

They haven't officially confirmed what it is yet...IE, just new gearbox, or whole new car. It's looking like a new car to me from the images, but maybe some crossover of parts.

If it works/fits existing chassis it will need drilling for new mounting points...other than that not sure.

I run the B5m; it's pretty much bomb proof. Personally I'd give it a fortnight, see what AE are up to. If it's a new car with some crossover spares, why not grab that for yourself and give the boy the B5m?

HTH!
Old 28-04-2016

Duncan.. I wouldn't worry too much about the new car just yet, the lay down gearbox won't make much difference to the average club driver.....practise is more important..!
The C4.2 is still a good car, the problem being rear end spares, gearbox, shock tower etc...get some spares and it will be fine for some time.
So, like Andrew said, get some practise, wait and see about the new car, then possibly upgrade for yourself and pass the B5m to your son..If a new "B6" comes out , there will, probably be plenty of cheap B5m's about to get a second one for your son. It's always sensible to run two cars the same, for set up and spares.
Have fun...
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 12-06-2016

Hi
I am in the same point get back to RC after 6 mouths break had b5m and b5m lite, sold b5m, now in one mouth time b6 is out should I keep lite one or sell it and wait for b6?
Tamiya TB01 Corvette
Old 14-06-2016

As the B6 is not yet available...just use the B5m lite for the time being, set up and spares easily available...
Wait until the B6 is out and spares in stock before thinking of changing.. The B5m is still a good car..
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 15-06-2016

Thanks for advice! I probably will stick to LITE version for time being plus i think it's lots better on astro than the regular platform.
Tamiya TB01 Corvette