Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 05-06-2011

Default Ball studs

Ive been running my X6 today and made a few adjustments,the ball studs fitted to it are really easy to change,they dont have the usual hex below the ball they have a 5/64th hex in the top of the ball.These are really easy/quick to whip in and out,anyone know who makes these??cheers for now PC.
Old 05-06-2011
Mad Member

They're the new style Associated ones that come on the B44/.1, SC10 and B4.1. Theyre a good upgrade from the old ones. I think they're down as a TC4 part.

Clown
Old 05-06-2011

That was quick!-thanks for that
Old 06-06-2011
Mad Member

Losi has used the broached ball studs for years. Lunsford makes them, and we use and sell those studs.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 06-06-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy96 View Post
Ive been running my X6 today and made a few adjustments,the ball studs fitted to it are really easy to change,they dont have the usual hex below the ball they have a 5/64th hex in the top of the ball.These are really easy/quick to whip in and out,anyone know who makes these??cheers for now PC.
As Chazz has said and just to correct Mark slightly, the ballstuds in our kits are titanium and made for X-Factory by world leaders in titanium products - Lunsford.

They are sold as X-Factory parts and the numbers/prices are as follows;

XF6170 - 3/16" short titanium broached ballstuds (2) - £6.49
XF6171 - 1/4" medium titanium broached ballstuds (2) - £6.89
XF6172 - 3/8" long titanium broached ballstuds (2) - £7.59

It is the little detials such as "titanium" ballstuds that some people forget when comparing the spec (and prices) of kits etc, on an XFK021 EC kit there is over £87 worth of titanium ballstuds alone!!! You dont see that on other brands as standard.........

Another little tip, is if you drill through your ballends (in the "ball" section), carefully remove any flashing afterwards, you can then adjust your ball joints (the height by adding spacers or move postion altogehter) without even popping the balljoint off the ball......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 06-06-2011

Well what can I say,thanks to all you guys.Ive never come across such a helpful/friendly gang as you guys,a couple of questions about my X6 and ive had replies from the manufacturer,the UK supplier and one of the team drivers and some very helpfull info from other users!!!Mr DMS,i`ll be in touch shortly,first race meeting with X6 tomorrow............
Old 06-06-2011
Mad Member

Thanks Chippy.

That's an high standard for us to maintain...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 07-06-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

For me as an average club racer, i love my x6! its solid, easy driving, strong, and easy to put in good lap times over and over again!
I also like the support all the team drivers have given me, via PM on here such as Mat Dodd, a d Dan Greenwood to name a few, and feel I am really gettng to grips wiht tuning the x6 in on tue day!
Old 08-06-2011
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up support

Its true, you just don't find direct manufacturer and uk agent comments, advice, and support from other brands, its that personal touch that makes owning an xfactory vehicle a strong investment, I'm looking at buying another x6 shortly and as much as I run other vehicles from other brands, you can't beat after sales support of xfactory....and remember, this is an american company supporting us trans atlantic! Top class

Well done dms and xfactory, long may it continue

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776