Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 21-03-2019

Lightbulb Central London Racing?

Hello all!

Hopefully someone can kindly point me in the right direction and help with the following...

I'm interested in finding (or setting up?) racing in London within zone 1/2/3

Getting back to racing after a ~16 year pause. Used to race 1/10 TC/2wd/4wd and would be keen to race these classes again.

I can find plenty of weekend places within range (Eden park, West London etc) but I'm looking to race on a week night, ideally indoor/carpet (but open to ideas). However, as I live in zone 1/2, it would be impossible to make any of the indoor weeknight races I can find.

So are there any racers/ex racers in zone 1/2/3 who may be interested in some mid week racing? If so, please do get in touch.

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place but I couldn't find a specific thread.

Thanks in advance!

JW
Old 21-03-2019

Default dms

hi, im pretty sure you could get to the dms track in time on a thursday night... they are indoor carpet racing 10th buggies..... its watford, approx 25min north on m1 from the north circ jn.

http://oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153192

Feedback ebay:
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...=szymanski2oo1

Linkedin:
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonathanszymanski

Old 21-03-2019
Mad Member

Default Slough electric model car club

Hi
This should be in range for you, running every Friday night

Welcome to our club
Slough Electric Model Car Club is a Radio Controlled model car racing club located in Slough Berkshire. We are a newly formed club but have years of racing experience amongst our committee members and club members. We run our club nights every Friday evening, doors open at 5pm for track building and racing starts as close to 7pm as possible. We run 10th scale off road buggies both 2wd & 4wd as well as shortcorse & stadium truck and micros 1/14th scale.

Kings Reach
Slough
SL3 7UX

As you turn off the roundabout at Upton Court Park road into Kings Reach the postcode may direct you to the Slough rugby club, which is the small slip road on the right, please ignore this direction at this point you will see Ditton Park Academy directly in front of you, simply follow the road round the corner to the left and the entrance gate is on your right, the club is located in the sports hall which is at the far end of the car park.

See you there tomorrow night
Old 21-03-2019

HNMC (electric) start their Tuesday night racing during April. Electric off road, outdoors. Just off the A10/A602 at Westmill Farm.
Old 22-03-2019

i'm in zone 3. and the clubs mentioned are most of your options these days.
though i notice that most of them didnt mention when they start
at DMS, doors open at 8pm, we then set up the track and practice, and racing usually starts at 9:15. and heading home by around 11pm
Herts starts racing at around 7, but you can get there as early as you like, as its a permanent track, so you can get as much practice as you like beforehand - and indeed on other days during business hours by visiting the shop to get (and pay for) a pass.

send me a message if you like letting me know where you are based etc. but i do seem to be racking up a fair bit of mileage getting to races these days. but will be happy if there's someone nearby who wants to go racing.

oh, and as a returning racer as well, will happily warn you off all the mistakes i made when i started racing again.
Old 22-03-2019

Thanks all - some good options.

Slough would be the easiest to get to but getting there for 7pm racing would be tough/unlikely, so the 8:30pm start makes DMS the winner.

Will reach out for specifics - thanks again for the suggestions.
Old 22-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW85 View Post

Slough would be the easiest to get to but getting there for 7pm racing would be tough/unlikely, so the 8:30pm start makes DMS the winner.

we'll look forward to seeing you there when you make it along.
Old 25-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW85 View Post

You can find our website here http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/ with club details, directions and booking in forms and Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/DMSModelCarClub/?ref=bookmarks

Look forward to meeting you.

XFactory UK : DMS Model Car Club