Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 20-09-2010
Mad Member

Default F345's - Silverstone - Regional Championships

BIG, BIG thanks to ALL the South East Region drivers that attended this past weekends F345 Regional Championship at Silverstone RCMCC

Hope you all had a good time and enjoyed the event, for some this was their first (but hopefully not their last!) experience of a 'National' type event.

As at the Junior/Veteran/BF2C event a couple of weekends ago, a superb 'team' effort by all the drivers, mechanics, supports and helpers, with several very notable performances with SE drivers making Finals all the way up to the A Final for the first time in several years

As well as individual 2 and 4WD Championships over the weekend there is a two-day Regional Championship, a points competition based on each days best performing F3, F4 & F5 drivers and I'm very pleased to tell you that the South East finished in a fantastic runners-up position to the mighty(!) Mid West Region, our best Regional performance in very many years.

Thanks to all, here's to next year (I've warned the Mid West Rep. about next year!) and once again here's hoping you all had a good time.

NB - Big thanks to both the BRCA and Silverstone RCMCC for laying on such a good event, as others have said the track is now SOOO much better than it was in it's former life and even the weather was very kind, that is unless you were a camper on Friday night!
Old 20-09-2010

Default F345's

Thanks for a great weeked jon and my self had a brill time. Also thank you for letting us pit will all the EPR boys.

And a big thanks to mike William’s for all the help over the wekend (Top bloke )

And chris Pit b**h brook for looking after jon. ( By the way chris how's the frying pan smell of plastic may be )
Old 20-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Track was vastly improved from my last visit.

The south east team had a great atmosphere which made it all the more fun.

Huge thanks must go to Steve for coordinating it all, and also for his work throughout the year.
Also big thanks to Mike Williams for all his help over the weekend and the loan of various option parts to try. Really improved my car each round, just a shame my driving didn't really do it justice.

oh, and thanks to Welliott (as he is now known!) for giving me a lift! And nice one on a cracking drive under pressure in the final (trophy hunter!).

Bring on next year as i think i still qualify in one of the categories! ;-)

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 20-09-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
Bring on next year as i think i still qualify in one of the categories! ;-)
Veteren?
Old 20-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Veteren?
ho ho ho Mr Springer!!
Do they do a geriatric one yet for you?!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 20-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Steve, did you find out the overall points by any chance? Just wondered how close things were. Presuming mid-west walked it by some margin. Just wondered how close we scraped 2nd!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 20-09-2010

What a wicked weekend ! soooo much fun on and off track. (although i drove like a tit for most of the weekend)
Mega thanks to all involved at the Silverstone club! great job!

R.e. camping friday night........BBBBBBBBugger me it was cold!!
Although i fought back on saturday night with 2 pairs of trousers, 3 t-shirts, 3 pairs of socks, 2 fleece tops a winter jacket, towel, sleeping bag and a flask of tea! mmmmmm toasty!

Also, did anyone else like me, think it would be a great idea to go home on the M40 rather than the M1????? What a mistakea to makea!!
Old 20-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

ha ha! yes, Friday was damn cold.

We also went the M40 route - Error!!
I seem to remember when i did regionals there a couple of years back that is was a couple of minutes to the M40, but the sat nav took us 12-13 miles down the road to join it? Maybe i'm just losing my memory in my old age as Alec suggested!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 20-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Big thanks to SE crew for the warm welcome for SteveB, Mac and myself.

Also big thanks to Mike Williams, Dave Poulter and co etc. for the pointers, thoughts etc. Yes I know Poulter thinks we're mad with the staggered ribs. I will be trying the over drive with the staggered ribs at some point.

Gutted I broke both cars in the finals, 4WD particularly as I'd started to improve - 2WD, well let's just forget that one.

Yup when we arrived Saturday morning I thought how cold when I saw the temp on the car!
Old 20-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Steve, did you find out the overall points by any chance? Just wondered how close things were. Presuming mid-west walked it by some margin. Just wondered how close we scraped 2nd!!
Have just asked the organisers for a complete listing of the points spread so will advise as and when I get the details.

As you rightly suggest we were some distance from the ever mighty Mid West but don't know how far in front of third we were.
To be perfectly honest don't really care! One point would have been enough for me

Well done once again to EVERYBODY involved, excellent team effort by all
Old 20-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good job to all the South East drivers!!!
Old 20-09-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
ha ha! yes, Friday was damn cold.

We also went the M40 route - Error!!
I seem to remember when i did regionals there a couple of years back that is was a couple of minutes to the M40, but the sat nav took us 12-13 miles down the road to join it? Maybe i'm just losing my memory in my old age as Alec suggested!
For future events there I can point you in the right direction to a complete short cut that will avoid any traffic. ....... You only have to ask
Old 23-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookie View Post
Have just asked the organisers for a complete listing of the points spread so will advise as and when I get the details.

As you rightly suggest we were some distance from the ever mighty Mid West but don't know how far in front of third we were.
To be perfectly honest don't really care! One point would have been enough for me

Well done once again to EVERYBODY involved, excellent team effort by all
Complete results for both individual drivers and 'Regional Teams' are now available here:

http://www.onetenthoffroad.co.uk/

As suspected everybody was well beaten by the Mid West Region but we had more than the single point I was after in front of third place

Another massive well done to everybody