Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 29-12-2011
Administrator

Default The Players 2012 - Head 2 Head

January 20th-21st & 22nd sees the hugely successful 'Players' race for electric off road buggies return to Worksop's indoor venue. And there's still a limited number of places left in 2WD and 4WD.

Friday 20th is open practice and the serious stuff starts on Saturday morning with controlled practice and qualifying. 2WD and 4WD run on the same days and entry fees are £35 for one class or £60 for both.

After a short qualifying session the race is run to the 'Reedy' format - where ever run is a race against the other competitors. 'The Players' is the seperate race consisting of the top 24 in 2WD and the same for 4WD - and these drivers will race against each other for the titles. All the other drivers qualify into the open class which is still Reedy-format.

Live timing by BBK timing along with a large drivers stand and an entertaining track layout.

The entry form has been online for a while so be quick if you want to race!

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/pd...s2012entry.pdf

Read more about the race here:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83647

Old 29-12-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Hi Jimmy, are you going to be there?
Old 06-01-2012
oOple Contributor

Talking coverage.......

Yes Pavel, I can confirm oOple will be trackside reporting for you all and we will hopefully have a web link nearer to the event where we shall be streaming live video and sound if all goes to plan, but watch this space as we shall have more info soon

The Players event is always a great enjoyable event and if anyone at all is interested in racing with us that weekend please just drop me a PM and I shall get you booked in, then you can just send us a cheque through the post to confirm your entry. I am expecting more entries this weekend but we still have about 15 entries available in each class right now on a first come first served basis.
You don't have to be a super star to race at this event, all abilities will be there racing and having fun, so come and join in and have a great racing weekend, with our race commentary and with the oOple team and Mr BBK himself live at the event it should be another fantastic event to remember, we will definately make it an awesome weekend
Also remember there will be a HUGE raffle as always at the end of the event, which will include kits and also many more top prizes, my guess is there is probably going to be over 2-3 Thousand pounds worth of prizes, so bring a few extra pounds with you to buy some tickets, and join the lucky winners from previous years, many thanks for our sponsors for providing the prizes once again.
Hope to see you there, don't miss out, remember still some spaces available, and the race format is Reedy Style, hence not much qualifying going on but proper head to head racing during the weekend!!!
Please note we are racing at Worksop this sunday 8th Jan, so if you are coming to watch some racing and want to race at the Players bring me your payment and entry form and we shall get you booked in!
Old 08-01-2012
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

Yep we'll be reporting on the Players 2012; The Worksop crew always put on a great show, and the Players events are second to none.

Here is some reportage from previous events to whet your appetite.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worksopplayers2009/

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/works...atch/day2.html

Looking forward to another great race

Old 08-01-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

You missed last time Grudge match though
Old 21-01-2012
Administrator

Pre report from yesterday is now online: www.oople.com/rc/photos/worksopplayersheadtohead
Will update later today

Last edited by Stu; 22-01-2012 at 08:17 PM.