Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 13-02-2013

Default Losi xx 2wd

I've got a Losi XX 2wd drive which is NIB. Does anyone have any idea what these are worth? I'm thinking of selling it to fund the purchase of some toys I can play with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0362.JPG (334.5 KB, 78 views)
Old 13-02-2013

WOW!!!!!
wish is still had mine, was ahead of its time

http://www.oople.com/forums/image.ph...ine=1360240269
Old 13-02-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Please contact me - mike.scott@scott-systems.co.uk as interested in buying.

This was my first 2WD back in the day
Old 13-02-2013

Awsome... can't be many of these kits still NIB, as they were so popular when new that I would say very few kits would have stayed un-sold on a model shop shelf to have survived until now.

I actually have a NIB kit too - IIRC I paid the equivilent of around £240 from the States, although I think I may have paid a little over the odds for that particular kit, as I soon realised that it was a 'sport' model without the Hydradrive, bearings or UJ dogbone driveshafts - as I am planning on re-creating my original XX from this kit, it has cost me a fair bit of time & ££s to update the kit with those parts (It seems the UK only got the 'full fat' competition kit)

Like anything - your kit is only worth what people would be willing to pay for it, for me that would be around the £200 mark - but you might find it would fetch more given the audience & bidding frenzy associated with a certain auction website!
Old 13-02-2013

EBay is the only way, I would be happy to pay £200 +p&p right now if you'd like to pm me you PayPal id, however I'm pretty sure there are others out there that will pay more.

Here's my TC showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028
Old 13-02-2013

Thanks for your reply everyone. I'm not sure I am ready to part with it but I will let you all know if I am. I never ran one of these personally as I was running an rc10 worlds car at the time the came out and then stop racing shortly after. My brother really wants me to keep hold of it as he did run one and loved the car. We'll see. Thanks again. Oz Gurnell
Old 13-02-2013

I still run a XXCR Kinwald and love it when I run it! Reminds me must fix it lol
Old 13-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
I still run a XXCR Kinwald and love it when I run it! Reminds me must fix it lol
I raced my XX Kinwald for most of last year - drives so nicely, & on looser grass tracks was able to keep up with the more modern cars
Old 13-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyDan View Post
I raced my XX Kinwald for most of last year - drives so nicely, & on looser grass tracks was able to keep up with the more modern cars
Couldn't agree more and I get goosebumps when I run mine. Love it.

It's to the point I have considered selling my RB6 and using DB1 & XXCR.

Right must get it fixed and running in the coming weeks, with the current terrible weather - rear motor action
Old 11-03-2013

I have decided to part with it and listed in the for sale section.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124266
Old 11-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Awsome... can't be many of these kits still NIB, as they were so popular when new that I would say very few kits would have stayed un-sold on a model shop shelf to have survived until now.

I actually have a NIB kit too - IIRC I paid the equivilent of around £240 from the States, although I think I may have paid a little over the odds for that particular kit, as I soon realised that it was a 'sport' model without the Hydradrive, bearings or UJ dogbone driveshafts - as I am planning on re-creating my original XX from this kit, it has cost me a fair bit of time & ££s to update the kit with those parts (It seems the UK only got the 'full fat' competition kit)

Like anything - your kit is only worth what people would be willing to pay for it, for me that would be around the £200 mark - but you might find it would fetch more given the audience & bidding frenzy associated with a certain auction website!
Dan, the UK had both the "full fat" and sport versions, box lids were the same except the full fat version had the black/dark background behind the car/flames and the sport version (with no Hydra, slider driveshafts, bushed wheels, std diff balls, non hard coated shocks etc) had a light blue background behind the car/flames on the box art

That kit in the picture is the full fat one........

The sport models were offered as two versions (with or without a mechanical esc and basic motor), part numbers were A0040 and A0041 IIRC.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 11-03-2013

I paid £200 for a mint XXCR Kinwald, so I rec £300 boxed would be starting price.

I have two XXCR Kinwald cars, one on a shelf and one which has been used for racing. mmmm must dig it out again.

XXCR for mid south regionals
Old 12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Dan, the UK had both the "full fat" and sport versions, box lids were the same except the full fat version had the black/dark background behind the car/flames and the sport version (with no Hydra, slider driveshafts, bushed wheels, std diff balls, non hard coated shocks etc) had a light blue background behind the car/flames on the box art

That kit in the picture is the full fat one........

The sport models were offered as two versions (with or without a mechanical esc and basic motor), part numbers were A0040 and A0041 IIRC.
Thats great info Darren - very good memory!

I couldn't ever recall seeing a 'Sport' kit or even being offered one at the time that I brought my original DoubleX, so assumed that here in the UK they were just never sold. My NIB kit is the A0040 part number without the mech speedo & silver can motor - it has the slider driveshafts & bushes etc as you describe but the shocks are the black hard anodised type - perhaps a slightly later kit?
Old 12-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good luck with the sale! Awesome car, still gives me good memories getting my hands on my first Losi XX! I remember my Dad buying a brand new CR model when it came out but the best present ever was the Kinwald edition hidden behind the sofa one Christmas, we were all finished opening presents and about an hour later he told me to look behind the sofa and there it was!

Such a great forgiving car to drive and worked on any track with pretty much the same setup!
Old 12-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
Good luck with the sale! Awesome car, still gives me good memories getting my hands on my first Losi XX! I remember my Dad buying a brand new CR model when it came out but the best present ever was the Kinwald edition hidden behind the sofa one Christmas, we were all finished opening presents and about an hour later he told me to look behind the sofa and there it was!

Such a great forgiving car to drive and worked on any track with pretty much the same setup!
Excellent story you must have been elated! I remember a similar story with my RC10 Team Car
Old 12-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Thats great info Darren - very good memory!

I couldn't ever recall seeing a 'Sport' kit or even being offered one at the time that I brought my original DoubleX, so assumed that here in the UK they were just never sold. My NIB kit is the A0040 part number without the mech speedo & silver can motor - it has the slider driveshafts & bushes etc as you describe but the shocks are the black hard anodised type - perhaps a slightly later kit?
Shocks were the same except the bodies were a grey colour instead of the black hard anodised (or at least they should have been)..

The Sport models came after the original XX, about 6-9 months later if I recall.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636