Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 04-08-2010

Default Round 5 - August 22nd - Falkirk

Some info for anyone attending the next event:
The next round, Round 5, will be at Falkirk (Bowhouse Community Centre, Grangemouth).

Plan is to repeat the plans for the previous Falkirk round and run an outdoor track, on grass at the side of the community centre, with a natural stepped balcony providing the rostrum. Pitting will be in the hall. If the weather is bad, then the event will be moved into the community centre, with the race in the hall, and the pits on the stage and in the room behind the stage.

Tables, seats and power will be provided, as well as a "tuck shop" though no sandwiches or hot food on sale - bring a lunch, but please support the club's effort to supply Juice, Crisps and Sweets!

Racing will start at 10:30am (doors open from 8am) and there'll be four FTQ qualifying rounds, followed by 2 finals, possibly 3 - depends on time.

If you have a lipo sack, please bring it as the meeting may be indoors, and that is a local club requirement, so it may be enforced. John will confirm.

Race Details:
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
Racing to start at 10.30 hrs with 45 minutes between rounds unless weather dictates otherwise. Extra 30 mins for lunch. The following is a rough timetable for guidance only.
Round 1 - 10:30
Round 2 - 11:15
Round 3 - 12:00
Lunch - 12:45
Round 4 - 13:15
Sort for Finals 14:00
Final 1 - 14:15
Final 2 - 15:00
Final 3 - 15:45
Meeting finishes 16:30

Please assist clearing of the track as much as possible and helping to put everything away afterwards. The Falkirk club build very high quality and National spec tracks and obstacles and this involves a lot of equipment and hard work and time. If everyone helps dismantle the track and pile it neatly ready for storage, then the Falkirk guys will really appreciate it.
Old 04-08-2010

Looking forward to this, I pray for decent weather, really want to run outdoors again and Stonehaven the weekend after for the final round of this years Offroad series.

See you all there.

mon the Durangos. .....
Old 04-08-2010
Mad Member

I'm trying to get a pass to come to this with Dasbo......best buy her some flowers me thinks!
Old 09-08-2010

There's a nice place very nearby that u's could stay called the "Beancross Farm" which is also a very nice restaurant .

Nice Room
Nice Meal

What more could anyone ask for? Oh yes SUN lol
Old 09-08-2010

John,

I've already pre-ordered the SUN for this round, hope it arrives in time.
Old 10-08-2010

Thanks for the heads-up on digs Racing Snake, but I think we'll be driving down on the morning and heading home straight after. (conditions of Dans pass ;-)

I tried to order Sun, but was told that the limited stock was running very low.
Old 10-08-2010

Is that because of the higher cost of P&P to the Highlands of Scotland?

It's got further to travel so it must be more difficult to get it all the way up there...
Old 13-08-2010

I cant make the Falkirk meeting (bit much too soon for my first offroad race since 1994), however, if the sun is going to be ordered to stay for the 29th at Stonehaven, I will be running my B44 for the first time.

Look forward to it, although the car is needing some work on set up, but gotta start again somewhere. Will do the last 3 Stonehaven rounds, and plan to do the full scottish championship next yr if there is one. (And prob do 2wd as well).

Cheers
David.
Old 13-08-2010

Hooray! Good news David.

I was just chatting to the missus tonight - she's re-arranging my calendar, but I'm still good to go to the remaining 2 Scottish Championship rounds, then the EOS Finals in Silverstone on Sept 18th/19th.

Won't manage Stonehaven the weekend after, but will be there in October.
I'll therefore only just be able to scrape together the four counting rounds for the Stonehaven Championship

(Begrudged ) Congratulations to Dan for wrapping the Stonehaven Championship up so quickly. 2nd place is now the aim for me.

Pity the Scottish this year hasn't gone as well, but I'm a bit out of sorts this year - maybe it's jumping between disciplines on the same day, that's throwing me out. Top 5 for both would make me happy. Something to improve on for next year. It's a very competitive championship and growing at each event.

I must not give Kevin a call, and tell him to get a car
Although it would be good to see you to going wheel-to-wheel again!
Happy days...
Old 14-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt View Post

That would be good although he hasnt been out of the game for long enough...........so give me a headstart to get back into it before letting him know eh.....
Old 14-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt View Post
Hooray! Good news David.

I was just chatting to the missus tonight - she's re-arranging my calendar, but I'm still good to go to the remaining 2 Scottish Championship rounds, then the EOS Finals in Silverstone on Sept 18th/19th.

Won't manage Stonehaven the weekend after, but will be there in October.
I'll therefore only just be able to scrape together the four counting rounds for the Stonehaven Championship

(Begrudged ) Congratulations to Dan for wrapping the Stonehaven Championship up so quickly. 2nd place is now the aim for me.

Pity the Scottish this year hasn't gone as well, but I'm a bit out of sorts this year - maybe it's jumping between disciplines on the same day, that's throwing me out. Top 5 for both would make me happy. Something to improve on for next year. It's a very competitive championship and growing at each event.

Happy days...
Thanks Dom
Old 17-08-2010

Hoping for good weather for the weekend & if it's good then hope you's are all ready for a pretty epic STEP DOWN JUMP that i plan to build

It'll deffo be right up your street Dom & will be right in front of the rostrum so easy to see/judge
Old 17-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Snake View Post
It'll deffo be right up your street Dom & will be right in front of the rostrum so easy to see/judge
What are you saying? Struggling to judge these things am I?

I'm learning how to drive off-road again this year, and I promise not to over-attack any more jumps! (Well not too much... )

Looking forward to it. Struggling to get much racing done past 3 weeks but next 6 will be action packed!
Old 18-08-2010

Lol no no but know you like big air & this should allow you to get just that with two down ramps to land on so plenty of room to get it right
Old 20-08-2010

We will deffo be racing outdoors on sunday as weather doesn't look to bad in fact it looks better than the weather that we had at the first falkirk round.

BIG jump here we come & grass cutting getting done tomorrow morning
Old 21-08-2010

Good man
Old 25-08-2010

Updated the EK site with a gallery of Sunday's action at falkirk, roll on this weekend where Stonehaven hosts the final round of a fantastic series, putting 10th Offroad back on the map in Scotland for 2010.

http://ekmodelcarclub.co.uk/Scottish...ad_Series.html
Old 25-08-2010

Any word on when the videos will be on youtube from sunday