Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 09-07-2017

Default Bmax4iii lightweight...which rear prop shaft?

Hi all

Getting confused with parts/numbers.

Bmax4iii with shorty chassis, it's currently got a gun metal green rear prop shaft, (slipper to rear diff) which I believe is the light weight version?

It's destroyed the CV joint onto rear diff input shaft (also alloy version), so I'm looking to replace the whole rear prop shaft including input shaft.

Which part do I need? I can't locate a number for the alloy version...to be honest I'd happily put a standard rear prop in it but I'm unsure which one I need? Did the shorter chassis move the slipper and therefore have a different length rear shaft? Or did they extend he slipper output to accommodate the extra length?

And one seems to be listed as a 'c-clip' rear shaft?!

Any help/advice appreciated.

Andrew
Old 09-07-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
Hi all

Getting confused with parts/numbers.

Bmax4iii with shorty chassis, it's currently got a gun metal green rear prop shaft, (slipper to rear diff) which I believe is the light weight version?

It's destroyed the CV joint onto rear diff input shaft (also alloy version), so I'm looking to replace the whole rear prop shaft including input shaft.

Which part do I need? I can't locate a number for the alloy version...to be honest I'd happily put a standard rear prop in it but I'm unsure which one I need? Did the shorter chassis move the slipper and therefore have a different length rear shaft? Or did they extend he slipper output to accommodate the extra length?

And one seems to be listed as a 'c-clip' rear shaft?!

Any help/advice appreciated.

Andrew
The shorty chassis swapped the front and rear propshafts, so you can use the part code for the front (or rear) propshaft in the original kit B4-010B I think. The shorter one is the same length as the front CVD's, from memory.
I may have the short and long shafts mixed up here though, as it all depends which way you have the motor pod rotated, as to which one at the rear you have broken.

The alloy lightweight ones were an option.
B4-CB68A - 68mm
B4-CB76A - 76mm

Kit parts:
BM-010CRC - Front - Short
B4-010CR - Rear - Long

The gear shaft end - B4-303 and B4-303A.
The CVD pin and ring - BM-010TPC

So if you are running the shorty pack, you may have the short shaft to rear, so 68mm.

MB models still carry all the bits you need.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-07-2017

Neal thanks loads for such a comprehensive reply, really appreciate it.

Very strange the way it's chewed up the diff input...I might try just replacing with a steel input shaft and see how that goes.

Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2018

Default parts

Hi, I have a bmax4-iii car lying around and some extra shaft parts if interested? thanks,Phil
Old 08-01-2018

Thanks Phil, post was from July, now sorted. : )