Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 08-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

and I don't have a big enough pinion.... and the way it is going, I will only be doing 2wd at the moment, still waiting for a shock shaft for the Dirk Diggler...
Old 09-06-2010

Weather looking good for the whole of the weekend
Losi 8ight 2.0 B e...in the making...Completed!!...sold
Caldicot Car Club
GNR Christmas bash winner 2009/2010 lol
Old 09-06-2010

looking forward to it, and great that the electrics get to go home early this weekend!!
Old 13-06-2010

Just like to thank everyone for coming!!! it was a great day and good atmosphere!!!

The Axeman finished in 6th happy days!!!!!!

Oh yes has anyone lost a car?????
Old 13-06-2010

Wicked day at gnr!! Nice job guys.
Old 13-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post
Just like to thank everyone for coming!!! it was a great day and good atmosphere!!!

The Axeman finished in 6th happy days!!!!!!

Oh yes has anyone lost a car?????
I did, regularly on every lap... no, thats wrong, I lost control of it... the track drove it
Old 13-06-2010

its okay im sure you wernt on your roof as much as i was
Old 14-06-2010

Default Is anyones kit bag lighter

Gents I was serious!!!!

Has Anyone lost a car??? it was left in the pits!!!!

I'm aiming for a reward here!!!
Old 14-06-2010

What colours and what car? Perhaps they are not on here and we might know who's it is??
Any results from the weekend?
Old 14-06-2010

It pissed down at the end of electric, Griff, my boy picked up my cars as I went out to marshall... so I am guessing it is my B4 grrrrr
Old 14-06-2010

I will get results up as soon as axeman sends them to me
Old 14-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders

Some vids on of the Electric finals..

(didn't get the trucks as it was raining...)

Thanks to Matt and Si for helping with the filmage and the guys at GNR for putting on a fun day.

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 14-06-2010

great films guys!! Well done to simon hurds on tq'ing and winning the 4wd class in only the second time he's drove his car in a bloody long time
Tom plumb had a sneaky b final win, just on the line.... Nice one mate!
Old 14-06-2010

I will get the results up to Matt in next few days for thim to get on the WRCA website..
Cheers

Also the lost car has been claimed!!! Nice one DCM!!
Old 14-06-2010

I blames me boy, as he said he was picking it up, so in the pissing rain, I bailed right after marshalling, lol, I was sooooo tired, I didn't even notice it wasn't there whilst unpacking lol
Old 14-06-2010

Thought i'd offer some constructive critism of the day & track if thats ok ?

First of all, thanks to all the people involved running the weekends meet, it was run very well - race timings were good, everything ran to schedual ( or near as damnit ) and no problems there at all. Great

The track. Ahhh. The actual layout was fine, i quite liked the length of track and having a slope was great, adding to the experience. And although a bit rough at the start of the day, if only electric had run it would've been acceptable and wouldt have worn too much. Problem was, once the larger nitros had run after round two it became very, very worn & rutted - even the best electric drivers cars were being thrown around like rag-dolls in certain areas - before the table top and after were worst, in two of the places where the nitros shared the course.

Could those areas that are dual-use nitro/electric use be covered in Astrourft like Talywain for instance to cut out the extreme wear ?

The other track feature that i feel needs looking at for electric use was the large jump before the timing loop which i found hard to judge consistently once the Nitros had dug the middle out of the jump in latter rounds, making it inconsistent if you hit it in the middle... you might make a good jump or it might kick the rear up. Due to the angle of the rostrum to the jump i personally found it hard to accurately judge it if you tried the more consistent and not so worn edges of the jump.

Ok so maybe thats just me being a below average driver, but to me it should be a off road course not a obstical course, as you HAD to jump it - with a sheer trailing edge you could not roll it like i personally would've done once it got worn & inconsistent - there SHOULD be that option to roll, in my opinion, if the jump is large. Also due to this jump i broke my car in the 3rd & 4th rounds and had to retire twice - i also broke the car in the final but luckily i could finish - and that was just from trying to get over that damn thing slowly and safely

All in all I think all the work thats been put into it deserves praise for sure, especially in quite a short period of time thats been spent on it getting it ready for the Electric Regional, but with just a little more thought and tweaks it could be a really great venue for next year

Matt
Old 14-06-2010

Spot on mat..An excellent day and great fun. The track..Mmn!! Firstly as you know but prob not many others,a small few converted a farmers field with some 8th and 5th!! obstacles into the track we all ran on in about 4 sundays..Labour was(After virtually begging people) non existant.(granted some people came when they could and others like yourself genuinley wanted to help but could not) So on a very positive note...Future plans include a raised rostrum, a 10th track which will be isolated from the mud munchin monsters(You guys get an improved track also!) and a whole host of wicked features specifically designed(Driver input here please) for the 10th racer (Banked turnes.Whoops,etc All as smooth as a smooth thing!!!!)
So lets get that track turned around into what you guys want and we'l have ourselves another awsome venue to race at
Old 14-06-2010

if you would like, in order of preference, what I felt could be improbed

1 - Rostrum needs to be a lot higher, this could also then be converted to more under cover pit space - reason - with the track on a slope, there were certain 'flat' areas that, due to the low rostrum height, you lost all depth perception.

2 - ruts, now I know from COBRA, you not got the manpower to do it, there isn't much you can do, but if and when you can, you need to rotovate and then roll, as the 8th scalers just ripped out all the hard work you had done, to patch the track

3 - Jump Profiles - they just need a smoother upramp for them, and then they would be a challenge and not a 'luck' thing.

On the positive side, it is good to see a club trying to make the changes, and that is not to be sniffed at, so you got to pat yourself on the back, got a good venue there, and if you listen to what people are suggesting (and I am sure you guys will), you can have a cracking venue.

Just a little foot note, for the electric cars, having to drive up that hill, really heats up the motors, diagonals and switch backs would work a lot better, as you would have the cross slope challenge too.
Old 14-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
if you would like, in order of preference, what I felt could be improbed

1 - Rostrum needs to be a lot higher, this could also then be converted to more under cover pit space - reason - with the track on a slope, there were certain 'flat' areas that, due to the low rostrum height, you lost all depth perception.

2 - ruts, now I know from COBRA, you not got the manpower to do it, there isn't much you can do, but if and when you can, you need to rotovate and then roll, as the 8th scalers just ripped out all the hard work you had done, to patch the track

3 - Jump Profiles - they just need a smoother upramp for them, and then they would be a challenge and not a 'luck' thing.

On the positive side, it is good to see a club trying to make the changes, and that is not to be sniffed at, so you got to pat yourself on the back, got a good venue there, and if you listen to what people are suggesting (and I am sure you guys will), you can have a cracking venue.

Just a little foot note, for the electric cars, having to drive up that hill, really heats up the motors, diagonals and switch backs would work a lot better, as you would have the cross slope challenge too.

Cheers Steve. Some very good points there.. Liking the extra pit areas under the raised rostrum. thanks.
Old 15-06-2010

all criticism should be constructive