Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
As it is, it is only COBRA that really have a strong TC following
There are more out there than you give credit for.... other clubs have made it so difficult for tc clubmen to get a drive that they have either been forced to change class to race or have packed in completely.

Sadly once those drivers have gone the chances of getting them back are virtually nil.
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I would like to reiterate what I said some time ago

Cock
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
I would like to reiterate what I said some time ago

Cock
Next time your crossing the big bridge look in your mirror cos we'l be right behind you! F##k this shit
Old 11-09-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
Excellent news Pete! Last years round at Swansea was an awesome days racing
Point one is.. I'm with Dave on the tyre issue..Spikes only at cobra. Spikes give lower grip and the fast guys will easily wear out a set per run on a full carpet track!! I've seen it!!
Point two the only reason foams work at cobra is because at club days the track is set out for touring cars, fast sweeping, 100% carpet which is saturated in additive...Foams only work there..At caldi you have no chance(I know foams are not being used in this series but had to clear that up)

As i already said, well done guys for organising this, Cant wait
Dave, you are right, foams would only work on a fully carpet track, thats why at COBRA, it won't be all carpet if I get my way.

As for wear, fast guys in theory could blitz a set of minipins in a couple of runs, just the same as minispikes, but we don't have a 'cheap option' in pins, but we do have a Fastrax minge rippers to use to!
Old 11-09-2010

Pins have been used indoors since i came back racing (except cobra) and last alot longer than spikes anyday. They still work well even when nearly bald. Spikes last no time on carpet and as for fastrax tyres (good or not i dont know as i've never tried them), kind of defeats the object as we would still all have to buy them.
Open tyre choice an option? (apart from no pins at cobra)
Old 11-09-2010

Ok then Mr DCM. can we put it to the vote like we did for the entry fees???

this would give everyone input on this subject
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post

My vote is open tyre choice(except cobra) I detest spikes on carpet and so does owen...
Old 11-09-2010

+1
Old 11-09-2010
Mad Member

+1
Old 11-09-2010

well shall i now cancel the sponsorship and cheaper control tyres[mini spikes] and let you all pay a third more for tyres mmmmmm bit of a choice
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeman View Post

Would that be the same vote that made us probably the most expensive region to race in then, Steve?

Or are we talking of the decisions individual clubs made over the payment they took for their regionals?
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hywel View Post
well shall i now cancel the sponsorship and cheaper control tyres[mini spikes] and let you all pay a third more for tyres mmmmmm bit of a choice
I cant drive spikes on carpet! (i struggle with any tyre!) Horrible drifty, understeer. Im a caldi boy and when i was a toddler Mr Harris fed me minipins on a spoon
Old 11-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hywel View Post
Don't suppose the control tyres were fastrax mini-spikes, and sponsorship was from CML by any chance ??

I'd personally not like to have a control tyre like mini-spikes because no matter how cheap they are, they WONT last half as long as schu pins. So in fact I'd prefer to pay a third more.
Old 11-09-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

+1 here, sorry.
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Didnt realise there had been a deal done for a control tyre H, thought it was just a no minipin ruling or have I got the wrong end of the stick somehow ? If so, is it for the Fastrax tyres ? Is that a 1/3 off retail for them ? £4 a pair ? I dont have any nor have I tried them, just assumed if it was a rule for no mini pins I could use my existing used shumi mini spikes that I have in my box
Old 11-09-2010

The idea was a control 'tread' as in mini-spike, so you would have the option of Schumacher or Fastrax, but the Fastrax would be a lot cheaper than the Schumacher.
Old 11-09-2010

Where is there any mention of a sponsorship on tyres in this thread?
Just looked through my boxes and i have loads of useable pins from last year still ready.
PLEASE, lets not kill a good thing by having a control tyre in a welsh indoor series.
Old 11-09-2010

Andy, I could say, let me look, nope I don't have any minipins in my box of tyres, got plenty of spikes though.... so look, I am gonna have to go blow £20 before I even race.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Where is there any mention of a sponsorship on tyres in this thread?
Just looked through my boxes and i have loads of useable pins from last year still ready.
PLEASE, lets not kill a good thing by having a control tyre in a welsh indoor series.
LEAST OF ALL A CONTROL "OUTDOOR" TYRE INDOOR Is this how russia used to be
Old 11-09-2010

First off, well done for getting a WRCA Winter Series up-and-running Pete - and anyone else who helped getting it in place

Frankly i dont care what tyres we use - im just glad we will have some Welsh indoor racing this season. As there are no Regional/National F-ranking points to gain or defend for the next year we should all look at this as - hopefully - the start of more and better quality racing series in the WRCA.

Although saying that, if a deal has/had been done for cheaper tyres by the looks of this thread it might have been better to announce that right at the start of the thread.... and confirm it ASAP if there is a deal in place before the tyre issue overshadows the series on the forums ?

As far as the Fastrax tyre goes ( if we do end up using them ) I used the new Fastrax minispike at Silverstone a couple of weeks back. And frankly they aint bad at all. It gripped very good in the dry, not nearly as bad as yellow spikes in the wet and lasted pretty damn well on astro over 2 days. And even its retail cost is less than Schumies eqv. Ok i havent used it indoors on carpet so dont know the wear or grip there but if we could all get a pair for 4 quid or so i wouldnt complain as you could replace them a little more frequently if needed ? And there are only 3 venues this winter after all ?

Whatever happens lets just enjoy the winter series in any form it comes in and build on it for 2011